“So happy.”

Waves Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed August 8, 2008

A sigh of relief. That is what I breathed the second I saw our room. I honestly had anxiety about it. I booked the room months ago, and only had last years reviews to go by. Most of those were positive. Then three days before we leave I read all these negative posts about how dirty it is. Well, I start freakin' and prepared for the absolute worst. Thankfully I got myself all worked up for nothing. Our room was wonderful. Nothing fancy but it was clean and nice. I was more than satisfied with it. We stayed in building D and had a great view of the ocean (from the deck). The room had a king size bed, a refrigerator, a stove and toaster. Everything we needed and more. And let me say it again....it was clean. I am a borderline freak with things not being dirty...and I was 100% comfortable with our room. To make matters even better we were wicked close to the beach. Parking was great and the staff extremelyly helpful. I called for more pillows, and minutes later we had pillows. I called for a good Italian place that delivereded, and they gave me choices. I could not have been happier with our stay there. We would certainly stay in the Waves again

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Waves Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed August 5, 2008

This place is such a dive the only reason we even spent one night there is beceause we just drove 12 hours.
I found it on the internet and it looked like a great place on the beach. It in fact is not on the beach. Our room was disgusting. It was so small. It had this "great feature" of the bathroom between the two beds to give parents privacy but in fact it made it feel like you were sleeping in a closet. The carpet and furnishings were so old and gross. The bathroom was from the 1970's. I can't understand why some people have said they like this place. On a star scale its not even in on the radar. How can they charge $200 a night when we found a king jaquizzi suite in Kennebunkport for the same money.
New to Maine....beware waves.
We prepaid for a whole week. The only good thing to say is they gave us our money back!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank lobsterlovers
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Two days ago I looked at almost every motel in Old Orchard on the Chamber website, looking for a moderate-low price and location. On Thursday around 6PM we drove through town (never been here) past all the motels. From the "website", I picked Waves as the number one choice, "IF" it looked nice and safe, and was very pleasantly surprised that it was much better in every way than any of the others. I had picked- beautifully maintained and tastefully decorated. We live in Rockland, ME and we will be back again in the "off" season- mid June or September. Love it here! In the future we will reserve now that we see how nice it is here. We were lucky to get a room without a reservation.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Positive: ----Well i went to Old Orchard Maine with my family and we stayed here but we did not make reservations over the phone because we were only staying for one night and they do not allow that unless it is a walk in so we just went up and walked in. Then as soon as we paid for our rooms they were ready. and i think that this was around 11:00- 12:00 in the morning. It is located near the beach. you just have to walk across a small parking lot and through the sand path and you are on the beach. That part was Great. We were on the first floor of i think building D. The A/C worked great and the kitchentte was nice. the beds were a little hard but you don't notice after a long day at the beach. It had a deck witha screen door. The screen door has some tears in it but no bugs could get through and actually there were no bugs there or at the beach.
Negative:--- The toilet is extremely loud when you flush it and it echos through the kitchen sink. Then when i was showering i went to close the sliding glass panels and it completely broke off right into my hand. so i was holding the panels up while showering,which is not fun. but i just set it up on the track it is supposed to be in and made sure no one tried to move it. While the shower was on it would make a very loud screeching noise which i did not like because i felt like i was waking everyone up in Old Orchard. Then in the night there was a propane smell which i did not like. The room was alright i guess but i would not go back. I have seen much worse that this place.....the location is really nice though. It is a little overpiced.

1  Thank jayvin83
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Caution - This place is a dump! I can't believe anyone on this website gave it a good rating! I booked this spot based on their website photos, the rates, and the fact that they call themselves a "resort" (term used loosely, obviously). Be aware - the photos on the website do not depict what you walk into. The room was dark, small, old, and the carpet was absolutely filthy. I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night. Take a photo from their website and add 50 years of use to it, then imagine what the room is like. We are out $176 (loss of one night - their policy) because I refused to stay there with my two daughters when I saw the place. I got far better quality at a Howard Johnson in Portland for $138 a night!! Just because you don't stay on the beach doesn't mean you can't visit the beach.

3  Thank Girlsroadtrip08
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Don't stay here if you want a clean and modern room. The carpets were filthy and disgusting. The rooms are not well maintained and old. Bedding was stained and dirty not to mention uncomfortable. I read reviews on trip advisor and saw many positive and couldn't believe how bad it was. Don't stay here!!! The hotel needs to update each room. Not worth the money....

4  Thank mnmbyz
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We stayed at this motel over a weekend in October. We were driving through Maine. Not prime time for this area but a lot was still open. The Waves was open with off season rates. Clean rooms. Decent, clean bathroom (important to us). Ours had a view of the water and sand dune. We had an excellent dinner a block away at Joseph's and visited the Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple