“Extremely Pleased”
Review of Starlite Motor Inn

Starlite Motor Inn
Ranked #43 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We are a repeat customer and have been pleased with the quality of the rooms and service. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable with all the amenities of home. Location is extremely beneficial as a five minute walk to the beach, ten minutes to the pier and all the shops. The service was very accomodating and friendly because we arrived late and was greeted immediately and welcomed. The rates were the best in the area. As a professional Quality Manager, the Starlite Motor Inn continues to meet our expectations and then some !
Carl Sirois

Room Tip: I did not rate the fitness center and restaurant because neither was on our schedule of activities t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarlSirois
There are newer reviews for Starlite Motor Inn

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to Old Orchard Beach for over 30 years. We have stayed at the Starlite Motel for the last 6 years at least three times per year. From our first stay right up to our recent stay for the July 1st, 2012 long weekend, we have never been disappointed. We reserve the same room every time and the owners have ensured that it is always clean to the nines. When we arrive the greet us with a smile and a hug. The staff of the motel are always for curteous and helpful. The owners have been undertaking a number of renovation projection which just included an upgrade to the beautiful outdoor pool. They are continuously investing time and money into upgrading the rooms. We have never been disappointed and we look forward to coming back again Labour Day weekend. Thank you Starlite for making our regular visits to Old Orchard Beach wounderful experiences.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new section of the motel either on the first floor or the 2nd floor. The view...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HODGES H
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have been going to this Motel for years, I've stayed in many of the rooms. Now I'm a we with 4 small children, we try very hard every summer to get to the beach as our family grows our room the we rent gets larger this year we had to rented the cottage. It was great, it was a great size it had 2 bedrooms with separate full kitchen, full bathroom and living room with pull out couch. Anyone who travel with their children to a motel appreciates a full size fridge & stove, everyday we were able to breakfast & lunch at the cottage and dinner out. We could either walk to the pier and picnic on the beach or dress up and go into Portland Me. The young family that own & operate the motel we're very good to us, they have 2 young daughters who my great playmates in the pool for my boys, the service was great and cottage was clean. If we we're missing anything or needed anything we only had to ask and the owners were happy to oblige. We will be heading to the East Coast again this summer and will definitely be staying at this motel!!! Thanks Starlite Motel for our great family memories. Would recommend this motel to other young families.

Room Tip: When booking your room make sure to ask for exactly what you need, if they have it or provide it the...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2011

After driving 6 hours to get to Old Orchard Beach I was glad to get to the motel and relax. When we got to the motel checking in was a breeze. The owner was very friendly and professional and we were in our room in no time at all.

The room was very clean and even had a kitchen, which I wasn't expecting. It could've used an update but there was nothing wrong with it.. I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons. It was kept clean every day by the staff.

Behind the motel there's a set of train tracks which some are complaining about in their reviews. But every motel on this side of the street has the tracks in their backyard, right? I'm a heavy sleeper and never heard the train come by when I was sleeping.

There's a clean and newer looking pool right out front that is fenced in which was very refreshing on the hot days. A very nice surprise, just outside of the pool, was a BBQ that you were welcome to use if you need to.

The proximity to the beach was amazing! A few minute walk and you're there. The Starlite is also very close to various shops and places to eat along the strip.

I had never been to Old Orchard before but I enjoyed my stay so much I'd definitely come back next summer!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KPG1234
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I am always very reluctant to plan trips. The hardest detail is where to stay. A friend recommended this spot to me and as soon as I called to make my reservation, I knew I would like it, lol! The woman I spoke with (which turned out to be the owner) was very helpful and seemed very friendly. I was still a bit apprehensive, as I had read some of the reviews that others have written here, but I trusted the opinion of my friend and booked it anyway.
On the whole, I found the staff extremely helpful and the owner ever present. If I needed anything, I got it. They were quick to make great suggestions about where to eat and shop. The pool was perfect for my kids! It was very clean and well maintained. The proximity to the BEAUTIFUL beach was a big plus as well.
In response to a few of the other notes I read here, I am curious about where these individuals get their expectations, lol. The notes about the train, I found especially amusing, as any one of the motels along this side of the strip share the same space, so it's not somethng you would only hear from this one spot.
I, on the whole, consider myself a bit of a priss. Having said that, I was well aware of the fact that I was travelling to a high-tourist area and staying at a motel. I knew better than to expect the Ritz, but what I found was a really nice surprise! There are always things, anywhere you stay, that aren't perfect, but if you want a decent, clean room, a pleasant staff and a nice place to relax - this is it. It was obvious how hard everyone at this little spot works and the pride they take in their customer service. I will be back next summer for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank K C
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Never believe what the advertisement says! Booked a 2 night stay at the Starlite Motor Inn for myself and 3 kids. Web page said newly renovated rooms. Showed a beautiful pool. The only thing that was true was the distance to the beach. The only thing new in the room was the carpet. Looked like something from the 60's. FILTHY!!! Pool was at least 18" low, broken cement & tiles, dirty. Freight train 20' behind hotel. Felt like an earthquake. Loud noise & vibration in walls. Was told it was the clothes dryer in the room below us,& laundry was done for the day. 20 min. later started again, was then told the plumbing was old and banged when the shower ran. Found man in room when we got back from lunch, was putting cot in that we asked for when we checked in 2 hours earlier. Was told on the phone it was non smoking, NOT! Ashtrays and 5 gallon buckets with butts in them all over the property. Told owner that all of this was unacceptable and wanted to check out. It was 4 in the afternoon. She refused to refund my money, told me it was my problem I couldn't put up with a little noise. I travel frequently and have never been treated like this before. The whole time I was talking with the owner, the phone kept.ringing, they would have been able to rent out room with no problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed at the Starlite last year (took me awhile to post this) and will never forget it. Website looked great, and those rooms do exist at the Starlite, in the newer building. Unfortunately my room was in the older building, made entirely of cinderblock. This made for a damp and musty room. It was beautiful summer days outside, and i had to turn on a portable electric heater inside to fight the dampness, then turn on the A/C to dissipate the heat. Other than that, the bathroom was sooooo old it was scary. I tried to change rooms / hotels, but at the last minute it was impossible. I will definitely go to Old Orchard Beach again; I may even stay at the Starlight again for the right special - - -but I will make sure sure to be in the newer building.
Note that the kitchennette was all new. Also they were very conveniently located... a very short walk to the beach (across the street) and a reasonable walk to the pier and shops. We didn't move our car all week (except to go out to dinner).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family