“Decent pub style food for the price of a fancy restaurant!”

Hooligan's Irish Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
winslow, maine
“Decent pub style food for the price of a fancy restaurant!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant is marketed as an "irish style pub". It's really not other than a couple of plastic irish shamrock things hanging up. the music is too loud to hear yourself, we found. Truly, it's not a bad place. Service decent, food was "pub style" although they have this great rare tuna / seaweed salad that was surprisingly good and healthy. but our ticket ended up being $109 bucks with tip ..... for 4 of us, having one drink each and no apps or desserts. This is what we spend for a "fancier" restaurant (In fact our dinner at Joseph's by sea the next night was cheapr!!!!) So all in all, I'd have to give a rating of "you need to get ashamed of yourself" based on the quality of the food and atmosphere when contrasted with their prices.

• Visited May 2013

Biddeford, Maine
“Great Food and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Excellent place to be when you've had enough of the sun in old orchard beach. Yes it can happen! :) The little hot spot had smiling staff and the food was on par, my beer was ICE cold and the "Redmond Reuben" was just awesome!

Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh
“Good drinking spot - Pricey bar food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for drinks and had good service considering the place was pretty empty. Ordered wings which were a bit pricey ($13.99 for a pound of wings) but tasted good. Recommend the teriyaki and sweet asian sauces. Probably would stick to drinks there next time. Great location right on the pier.

• Visited April 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Good pub fare on the pier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Enjoyed the view and tasty food. Service was quite quick considering the crowd on a Saturday. Lots of usual pub menu items but some nice local flavour as well. I had a lobster roll and it was nice. My son rated the chicken strips highly.

Visited August 2012
Mass
“Food was good, service was OK, if you like to be charged 4 times for your meal!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had dinner with my family. Ordered meals and decided to order a side salad for $2.99, it arrived in what looked like a white styrofoam cup, was a little afraid of what the portion size of my meal was going to be after seeing this. Meals arrived and there was plenty to eat. There was a little mix up when it came time to pay the bill, we had 2 families eating together and asked for separate bills, each gave her a credit card to charge bill, she came back handed incorrect receipt and credit card to each person. So she went back to fix and charge correctly. This was a little confusing and took quite a while.The next morning I was a little surprised to log onto my credit card account to find that she had swiped my card and charged me 4 times for my meal. Took a few minutes and it was straighten out with credit card company. This of course leaves me kinda leary and to be honest I am not sure if I would eat there again next time I am in the area.

• Visited August 2012