“Excellent as during our last visit in 2010”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jimmy The Greek's

Jimmy The Greek's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Ottawa
“Excellent as during our last visit in 2010”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Fantastic and very filling 14" pizza with 3-cheeses and pepperoni, sausage, portobello mushrooms (where else do you get thius on your pizza?), caramelized onions. Perfectly cooked, and delicious, fresh crust, fluffy and crispy, with a sweet sauce that completes the perfection of this pizza.

My brother's burger plate was great, despite the frozen issue fries which were nonetheless cooked well and tasty. My girlfriend's house salad was excellent too.

Great variety of beers as everybody knows. Nice ambience on a quiet Monday night.

Excellent service.

• Visited May 2013

“Great spot to go with a group.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Went to dueling pianos it was packed. Roger took care of us & made us a table. Drinks were good & the server was nice. Had $100 to spent ordered 2 apps 2 entrees 1 loaded pizza & 2 30oz drinks we spent less than $80. Great fish tacos & fried avocados. Mac n Chz was heavy but still good. Pizza was loaded with toppings not enough cheese for me but my friend enjoyed it. Great place to bring family & friends good food, good price & good service.

• Visited April 2013
Blackstone, Massachusetts
“Slow service”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We ate at Jimmy the Greek's yesterday, March 3, for lunch. We ordered our drinks, a mix of beers and water, nothing complex. We were chatting and after a little while I noticed we didn't have drinks yet, and I asked the others, didn't we order drinks. This was our first clue. The drinks came and we asked what the wait would be if we wanted an appetizer, we had come here for a quick lunch before getting on the road to head home. The waitress explained that there was a large party and thats why there was a slow down in drinks and food coming out.
I don't know if this large party called ahead, but this service was so slow, that had I known I wouldn't have stayed. We were here for about 2 hours, which was about an hour longer than we wanted to be. I know its off season and maybe they weren't staffed for this large party, but they could have been a little more apologetic. I had the fish and chips, it was ok, would I get it again, no. Next time I will call ahead and see if they are busy.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Two cracking nights”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have gone to Jimmy the Greek in OOB for the past five years, normally when on holiday visiting family.
Our group of three went a few days before Christmas 2012 and again on 30.12.12, on both occasions the restaurant was not too busy, we were seated quickly in a booth and on the first visit served by Jess, a more charming & friendly lady you would be pushed to better, no rush but attentive and knowledgeable with the food & drink menu. We shared a large portion of wings & each had a lovely salad. 10/10.

The second visit I believe the server was Kelsy, I thought I knew my beers but she was able to describe the seasonal beers on tap better than any waitress over here in the UK. Stuck to the seasonal offerings that were lovely.

The food, wings again, they are great here & arrived V hot we went for three different finishes a Blueberry, BBQ & Buffalo. Not keen on the sweetness of Bluberry but the others were great finished off with a large pizza to share.
An excelent two visits & will be back there again on our next visit.

• Visited December 2012
Massachusetts
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Basically, this is a casual pub that serves pub food, has TV’s strategically placed and has a massive beer selection. Our party of 6 arrived at 5:30 for dinner. The restaurant was crowded, but not yet packed but we had about a 10 minute wait to be seated.
Our server was personable and knowledgeable. She was quick delivering beverages, salads, rolls.
Entrees took a looong time. Presumably there was an issue in the kitchen.

I expected to order the Corona Battered Fish & Chip basket ($12.99), but did not when the waitress honestly answered my question about the freshness of the fish. It was frozen! $12.99 is steep for frozen fish. I chose the Shrimp Athinas, While tasty, the shrimp was not fresh, and the linguine was over-cooked. Disappointing.
I tasted the Poseiden’s Pasta. Similar to my dish, the seafood was not fresh and the linguine was over-cooked.
The burger was cooked tasty, but came out well-done instead of medium and the fries came out cold.

My sense is, Jimmy the Greeks is a good place to go for a casual dining & burgers, sandwiches and beer may be the better way to go.

Note to Jimmy the Greeks: I would expect at a minimum fresh Haddock or Cod in the range of $12.99 to 14.99. If frozen, then $9.99 !

• Visited August 2012