“Must have”

Portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must have”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I spent alot of time in Old Orchard beach with my family when I was small and to this very day It's the first and # 1 thing I do is get a large a large box, lots of napkins, ketchup is a must, and we all dig in..then we get more! Best french fries on this planet.

Visited June 2012

Charlottetown, PEI
“What makes a good french fry?”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What makes a good french fry? I wish I knew because this place didn't tase like anything special. The reviews I read made it sound like these fries were unlike anything else. They tasted like a normal french fry to me. Would I get them again, yah sure. The facility was cool. Staff were not as friendly as most along the strip.

Visited August 2012
Falmouth, ME
“Ocean side prize”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A classic french fry that kids and adults alike crave during the all too brief season that this stand is open. They always get it just right!

Biddeford, Maine
“Best fries ever”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Pier French Fries has been in business 80 years. Best french fries in the USA. It's a Maine institution. We bring our own bottle of malt vinegar because gourmet fries deserve the best vinegar. If you are addicted to french fries, ask for a "Frequent Fryer Member" card; every tenth box of fries is free.

Visited October 2012
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Traditionally Smelly”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

All visitors come to Old Orchard Beach for the fries. The odorful fries smell through out the town and even through out the Grand Vic Fancy Hotel. One must be caeful whenwaling along the brick walkway for there is always a coating ofnice greaseeverywhere.. It adds to the tradition for all the overweight fry lovers. There re many wooden and wrought iron benches bordering the sidewalk so one can devour their treat sitting down. I am not such a fan and would love to see some healthy snacks which would give one the right to choose.

Visited July 2012