“Absolutely awful!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Absolutely awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We haven't come to OOB for many years but had always gone to this restaurant for take out! The food tonight was just awful! The chicken caesar wraps had no dressing and didn't have any taste! They forgot the dressing for the salad! The chicken was not fully cooked in the chicken parm sandwich! The eggplant parm was nasty and mushy! Lastly we found some sort of hair like an eyebrow in the wrap! We spent 50 bucks on dinner and we could have thrown it in the rubbish! Will never go back and don't recommend anyone else does for subs either!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Saint John, Canada
“some good pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We've eaten here a few times and have never been disappointed. The pizza is good, and the servers are friendly, prices are decent. I would recommend

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Maine
“Some of my favorite pizza on earth.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Ocean Pizza really would be in the running for my last meal on earth. Admittedly, there's certainly some sentimentalism involved (I've been eating here since I was a kid), but I think they really do pizza right. The dough is a perfect mix of crispy and chewy, the ingredients are fresh and high quality, and they don't hold back on toppings. Sure, it's not some nouveau-chic foodie pizza (I can enjoy that too), but it's classic delivery pizza done *perfectly*.

If you want to be extra smart, get your pizza to go and bring it down to the beach. My wife and I will do this all year long (including the dead of winter, however we're known to linger a bit longer during the summer months) and it's one of my favorite meals out there. Beyond all this, the staff/owners are great. I've been getting the same pizza there for 10 years (pepperoni, greek olives, pepperoncini, and feta), and they usually cut me off halfway through my order when they recognize it's me just from my toppings. Truly a family-run business and they're the nicest people. I grew up coming here as a kid while on vacation, and once my wife and I moved to the area I knew one of the biggest perks would be getting to Ocean Pizza at least monthly.

Lastly, aside from how good the pizza is at Ocean Pizza, the rest of the pizza options in Old Orchard are truly horrible. Do yourself a favor and skip all of the options near the pier (all tastes exactly the same, and incredibly mediocre) and get your pizza from Ocean Pizza. You won't regret it.

I'm writing this review in anticipation of eating there tonight. My wife just finished up the last day of her job before her new promotion, and a pizza on the beach (with a hypothetical beer or two...shhhh!) was the way she wanted to celebrate. When it's the venue of choice for a celebration, you know you'll enjoy it.

• Visited June 2012
scarborough maine
“Best Pizza in Old Orchard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

We love Ocean Pizza! Lots of great food in addition to pizza, but we are kind of addicted to the pizza so it's hard to make other choices.

Visited April 2012
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Great pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Very clean and nice dining room. Home made specials compliment the great pizza. Friendly service, very reasonable prices. Take out service.

Visited January 2012