“Sit according to height???”

Good Thyme Cafe and Catering
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Montreal, Canada
“Sit according to height???”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We went with a large group (approx 12 people) and had to be split into 3 tables of 4. No problem with that but when we organised our foursomes (parents together, cousins together, etc...) the hostess re-arranged us according to height! Found this bizarre and when we tried to change tables, they commented that some of us were too tall to sit at certain spots... The staff was rude, service was slow and food was not good at all.

• Visited June 2011

Shrewsbury, MA
“Always very good”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We have been going to Michele's for well over 10 years now, an in that time we have NEVER had a bad meal. It is consistently very good, with good sized portions, cooked to your request. On our latest trip my husband had the Eggs Benedict with Crab and I had an egg white omelet with spinach and cheddar, both were excellent, and served within 5 minutes. Prices are very reasonable, and the service is always good. In the offseason Michele's is a local place, however in the summer expect to wait, as many people from the beach make the trip up the hill to have breakfast. Its is worth the wait and the trip up the hill.

• Visited October 2011
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My friend and I went twice there for breakfast while we were visiting OOB. It was slightly busy both mornings, but we never waited more than 10-15 mins. Its definitely a locals place (local older people, like 60's and up), but the food was fantastic. Prices were so cheap too. Both mornings we order a main dish, sides, juice and coffee and only paid $20 (not including tip)!! The coffee was pretty good, free refills. Waitresses just roam around with fresh pots. The first morning, we ordered stuffed french toast and a side of hash, and blueberries pancakes with a side of homefries and bacon. OJ was not fresh squeezed, Apple juice was fine. Pancakes and french toast were AMAZING! Home fries were ok, bacon crispy and hash was from a can (I know because I buy the same stuff at home). Waitress were all friendly and food came out very fast. Day 2 was scrambled eggs w/bacon mixed in and eggs benedict. Both meals delicious. We will definitely go back for breakfast if ever visiting OOB again!

• Visited October 2011
NH
“I AM NOT SURE WHY EVERYONE'S RAVING???”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The restaurant is a bit aways from the strip so we thought it would be not so busy...we were wrong. It was busy!! The good news is that even with 5 of us, we got in within 15 minutes. The host was not the owner, you could tell, and she was slightly rude to people as she sent them back outside to wait. She seemed off in tone from what I am used too. My eggs over easy - were fried..bummer. That fresh egg taste doesnt always taste so fresh when the eggs are sitting out not refridgerated and that was the taste of the eggs. My bacon was good, the home fries were cold and not entirely cooked, the coffee was great. I ordered pancakes....and they use (Parkay) butter - YYYYUUUUKKK! You could taste it in almost everything you ate...why in the world would they do that? My wife's french toast was just okay - and "bland" as she called it. The kids didnt know the difference. I got a blueberry muffin which i was told was their specialty - didnt taste the parkay in that which makes me wonder if they are made somewhere else. I will say the muffin was great. I still would eat here again because if my eggs were better - I would still have had a positive experience overall. IM SORRY TO THOSE OF YOU WHO LOVE THIS PLACE...I HAVE ONE WHERE IM FROM TOO.

• Visited August 2011
Farmington, Pennsylvania
“Good Breakfast spot”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Very good coffee, pancakes and they had scrambled eggs with chives and swiss cheese which is excellent.

• Visited July 2011