“Giant Lobster Roll”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This place has the biggest lobster roll I've ever seen. You can get two meals out of it. The other food on the menu is delicious too, especially the prime rib. Yummo! Sure would like to get the key that opens the treasure chest one of these times.

1  Thank Annette W

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I went to a wedding reception at the Captains Galley. The bartender took out debit card to pay for our drinks. After 15 minutes my husband asked for the return of his card as we felt it was taking too long for 2 drinks. They replied its coming! After 5 more minutes he demanded his card. Another 5 minutes went by his card was returned. The next day he checked his account and we paid $44.00 for a dinner with drinks. We had our dinner at the wedding! We did not order from the menu. Our only deduction is that the bartender swiped our card for someone else. Anyway, several phone calls to them and its been almost three weeks, next stop BBB! Ethics? We gave them a chance..

1  Thank Denise P
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have eaten at Captain's Galley a few times. Each meal we have had has been good and very filling! This time was no exception. My husband had the Captain's Platter and could not finish everything. I had the seafood stuffed scallops and they were amazing.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

As a kid, 2-3 decades ago I remember going to this restaurant with my parents! I had good memories about it! At the begenning of march I decide to go to OOB for a winter weekend getaway with my girlfriend and by staying at the Edgewater they gave us a 30$ voucher for this restaurant! We went there on a saturday night around 6:30pm

As I passed thru the door I realised how this place was outdated!! They gave us a table in the back of the restaurant where we were almost alone with zero atmosphere!

The only thing I really wanted was to eat a good lobster.... believe it or not, a "so-called" seafood restaurant... in Maine had no whole lobster on the menu in the low season!!! only a kind of lazy man lobster with stuffing and it was served cold!!

I'll never go back to this place!

2  Thank justindesilets
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The owners are petty and do not stand behind their food. We have been served spoiled scallops, and haddock with the skin still attached. I even wrote a formal letter of complaint and received no response. They are not apologetic.

3  Thank AlliecatOOB