“Still good, breakfast and dinner!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain's Galley Restaurant - CLOSED

Captain's Galley Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Massachusetts
“Still good, breakfast and dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We came back here for two meals over the past weekend.

Breakfast: Was a Saturday morning, and there was a group of 12. We had attentive service the whole time. Everyone's meals came out just as they had asked for them (love when eggs are cooked right).

We came back (only 8 of us this time) for dinner on Sunday night. It was one of our party's birthday and you get $12 off your meal (make sure you have a form of ID to be able to prove it's your actual day!) Once again, outstanding service and the food was exceptional.

Both visits we had different waitresses. Both times, they were super cheerful and talkative.
We really enjoy this restaurant, and look forward to going back!

• Visited May 2013

Woodstock, New York
“Who still serves iceberg lettuce on a salad?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Worst meal I've ever had. Salad with iceberg lettuce. I ordered prime rib with garlic butter. Garlic was from a jar. Had to send the meat back. It was totally full of fat as in not edible. Baked potato cold. Fake silk flowers all over. Bad.

• Visited May 2013
Endicott, NY
“Good food but very heavily seasoned/salted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner during our stay in OOB this past weekend. It wasn't very busy (since it's still considered the "off season") and we were seated immediately. I ordered the baked stuffed shrimp and my husband ordered the baked haddock and scallops. The menu indicated that the "stuffing" used to stuff the orders consisted of various types of seafood among other ingredients. Our food arrived and everything looked great. My shrimp was a tad bit overcooked swimming in butter, and I wasn't a big fan of the "stuffing"- it was basically bread crumbs, LOTS of salt and little bits of seafood. There had to have been at least a half stick of butter in the bottom of my dish! My husband's dinner was also "baked" but his wasn't doused in butter. All in all it was a good meal for the price, just very heavy and salty.

Long Island NY
“This large restaurant has it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant is unusually large, is family-friendly, has a large and diverse menu, and the prices are reasonable. The Captain's Galley is fine for singles, couples, small and large groups. I recently ordered salmon, which was priced right, and served with vegetables and a baked potato. The portions were huge, and I took half of my meal back to my motel (where I had a refrigerator and a microwave, and where I was able to enjoy the rest of the food as a second meal the next day). The restaurant is very spacious, and it is informal. Service is excellent. There is a very large souvenir shop, with a wide selection, right near the entrance, so those wanting to bring back souvenirs of Old Orchard Beach and of Maine can purchase those souvenirs here. Plenty of parking, easy to reach, open all year. You can't go wrong.

Saco, Maine
“Good food, good price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have been several times and each time the service was very good. Food was cooked right and we didn't have to wait long. A good place to go for a quick inexpensive meal. The staff seemed to be happy that you were there. A satisfying time.