“can't beat the price”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

2 lobster dinner $19.99 unbelievable !!!
Restaurant was clean. wait staff was friendly. They seated us when they were only open another 30 mins and didnt pressure us to hurry up...did the same to others that came in. Nice little gift shop with cute souvenier shirts.

1  Thank supermom1976

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our family dined at The Captain's Galley for breakfast while vacationing in Old Orchard Beach.
It was quite busy the morning we were there. The hostess seemed to be pulling double duty, trying to clear tables in order to seat people. It was a bit of a wait for our food as well. The sweet little gift shop before you enter the dining area was great for my younger son and daughter who can get fidgety while waiting.
When our food was delivered we were surprised at the large portion, especially the pancakes. Even though the service was a little slow it was worth the wait because the food was very good We left with a take home box which usually does not happen with my growing children, especially at breakfast. We would go back if we are in the area again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Prices are reasonable but food is average, in my opinion. Service is friendly but not of excellent quality. I never was able to get a table spoon for my soup and the bottle of red wine we ordered was far too warm. They opened it at the bar and did not offer us to taste it. It is perhaps their way of doing things but I do not think this is an acceptable way of doing things.

1  Thank PQtravel
Reviewed August 8, 2012

There was a prior diner's lipstick on my water glass. Food average at best. Although after the lipstick incident I lost my appetite.

2  Thank Andrew886
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had the typical fried assortment of clams, shrimp, haddock. ALL were really far too greasy - nearly inedible even. The fries tasted like fish too, likely cooked in the same old oil as my seafood. ICK.

Our waitress was not very friendly, but was attentive and quick as far as getting our order and delivering food.

Additionally, the crowd is older (like, lots older!), the portions are too large, and seems like you'd walk out of there really expecting a heart attack before you even get to your car. Salad was also warm-ish and served in a dish that must have just come out of the oven. The rolls were good though.