We stayed in the Towers section of the Anchorage. The rooms are average in size but have rather small bathrooms. It was quite convenient to have a frig in the room. It permitted us to have cold drinks and keep lunch meats, bread etc.
The beds are rather comfortable however if you require a rollaway bed then I do not recommend it. The mattresses are well used and could potentially be uncomfortable. We had brought an eggshell foam to add to the bed and it was not sufficient. We even added our beach towels to give the bed more lift.
The site is clean and the pool area is very well maintained.
We have had more friendly personnel in other resorts but we did not have to deal with them often. It is a shame when the pool fellow is more interested in reading his book than giving you pool towels .
Regardless, we enjoyed our stay at the Anchorage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine