My husband and I have been here many times in the past 6 years. The staff is always pleasant, rooms are very clean. The grounds are beautifully maintained; there is always someone sweeping or pruning or raking or planting. The only thing I didn't really like is that children are allowed in both hot tubs. I feel it would be a good idea for one of them, preferably the larger one, to be designated for 16 years old and above....Other than that you cannot beat the view or the location. If you don't want to pay top notch prices to stay at the main inn, the Towers across the street are also very nice and a little less expensive. We love to go off season when the prices drop. We bundle up and sit on the lawn chairs and enjoy the beach view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine