We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We came to Ogunquit for our 1st Wedding Anniversary in October 2012 and it was our best trip yet. The hotel was great. The views were phenomenal and everything (shops, food, entertainment, etc) were just a short walk from the hotel. We booked to return with my parents in June 2014.
The hotel is clean, a nice welcome center and the on-site restaurant was good. Our room was great however, we were in a suite on the 1st floor and we could hear the people using the stairs next to our room. Honestly, that would be my only complaint and this time we booked the suite on the 2nd floor.
We drove to Kennebunkport and Wells daily. Both are a short car ride away. We won't stay anywhere else when we travel to Ogunquit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine