My wife and were first time travelers to Maine, and the Anchorage was exactly what we were looking for in a hotel. We parked the car when we arrived and never had to use it again - easy walks to Perkins Cove, Ogunquit Beach, and the shops and restaurants in "downtown" Ogunquit. The hotel grounds are quite nice, and the outdoor pool complex is a great place to spend a lazy afternoon. The only reason it gets four stars rather than five is price - it isn't cheap - but it appears comparable with the other similar places in the area. We plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine