The folks at the reservation desk made it easy for our family to reserve four rooms fairly close together on the "Port" side of the hotel. We appreciated the balcony as only one of the rooms was large enough to come close to accommodating us all for drinks before dinner, so we met up on the balcony most times prior to going out. We felt our room and, in particular, the bathroom were much too small to be truly comfortable.
The pool and hot tubs closed earlier than we would have liked, but security didn't mind when some of our kids were still in the hot tub quietly after hours, which was appreciated. We did not use the restaurant or bar (both closed too early for us), I can't comment on them.. overall, it was okay.. but not, for us, worth the high cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine