We stayed here on Mothers Day weekend 2012. Funny that another reviewer from the Albany NY area was there this same weekend. I found Anchorage by the Sea when looking on the web for a place in Ogunquit that had a pool. The pictures on Anchorage's website do not do justice to the spectacular scenery where the complex is situated - you have to see it in person to truly experience the natural beauty of Ogunquit's seashore.
The room was average as far as decor goes (we did the 2 full-sized beds). I found the bed to be uncomfortable on my lower back after sleeping for a few hours, most likely because the mattress was not as firm as I'm used to (I'd still considered it "firm", though). There's a fridge, TV and safe in the room as well as a full bath. Like the entire complex, the room was very clean and well kept. I'm sure it's not an easy chore as the complex is huge, between the various units, pools, hot tubs and grounds. Check-in was easy and the staff was friendly.
The grounds are meticulously manicured and the landscaping is absolutely beautiful. If that isn't enough, the property is situated at the beginning of Marginal Way, complete with spectacular views of Ogunquit Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. The pools and hot tubs were quite nice; the outdoor pool is large and has a beautiful free-form shape. We even had a bit of entertainment while sitting in the gazebo overlooking the ocean...the drunken couple in the Adirondack chairs in front of us, who had emptied 3(!) bottles of wine. Quite amusing!
I highly recommend this place to anyone considering a trip to Ogunquit. It may seem a bit on the pricey side, but it's well worth it when you see what you get for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine