When you arrive at the Anchorage by the Sea, the first thing you see when entering the property is the breathtaking view of this beautiful, clean property, but most of all the ocean (cold as it may be), but nonetheless beautiful.
We have been going to the Anchorage for many years and every year the owners improve the property, add more rooms; as it is a favorite destination of Americans and Canadians as well. But the best part of this hotel is the staff. From the General Manager, Russell Whitney, who has been running this ship for over 20 years, to the front desk staff (Ross)who greet you with a smile. The anchorage has a wonderful restaurant, the Surf Point Café, which serves breakfast, lunch but the best part is dinner. Chef Shen creates some very tasty dishes, which are served by a wonderful group of young waiters who serve you with a smile and lots of humour (especially Marius). Without forgetting the great staff at the bar (Adam) and delightful Arrington who runs the restaurant from morning until late in the evening. Can't forget the wonderful housekeepers. My husband forgot an expensive watch, which we had not even noticed was missing until we arrived home, only to find a voice message telling us that one of the cleaning staff had found and returned it to the front desk. The General Manager sent it to us by Fedex. We had tried a couple of times going elsewhere in Ogunquit, but none of the hotels come close to the Anchorage-by-the-Sea. We will be going back next summer for sure and so should you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine