We visited the Anchorage during the week in mid-October and although the town was quiet, the Anchorage was still decked out in extensive Holloween decorations and very tastefully done gardens and displays. The hotel/motel is exceptional in the investment its made in its clubhouse-like front desk/pool building. Because it was off season, there was no shortage of maintenance personnel busily working on painting and details. It was all very impressive. The location, of course is very, desirable on the marginal way and in the middle of town. So while the town was very quiet with few people around, the hotel and its staff were very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our relaxing stay very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ogunquit’s most renowned, year-round oceanfront resort is The Anchorage By the Sea. The sea’s spectacular beauty is the focal point from most anywhere on the grounds. Located in the heart of Ogunquit, everything you could want in a complete vacation resort is right outside your door. Beautifully decorated rooms opening onto unforgettable views of the ocean are only the beginning. Open year-round, all rooms are smoke-free, offer free WIFI and have a small refrigerator. Other Anchorage amenities include hot tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and poolside bar and grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By Sea
- Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit
- The Anchorage By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine