“The Hospitality, The View, The Room, The Extra Touches....All Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 2 Village Square Inn Ogunquit

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
2 Village Square Inn Ogunquit
Ranked #3 of 27 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“The Hospitality, The View, The Room, The Extra Touches....All Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

We have been coming to Ogunquit for 24 years. We've stayed at this inn under two other management teams. With each change, the inn has gotten better ....BUT, with Bruce and Scott the NEW Two Village Square Inn is FANTASTIC!!

These gentleman have invested talent, time, money and staff to take this from a standard B&B to a Resort Destination.

We really liked how Bruce anticipated our every need, how his hospitality and helpfulness is genuine, and his desire to see that we had a good time ensured that our stay at Two Village Square was like coming to a brand new place.

What's new:

In the Rooms: Flat panel TVs with DVD players and a library downstairs with a good selection of discs. A Keurig Coffee machine with a good selection of K-Cups that are restocked daily (although there is always great Green Mountain Coffees avaiable downstairs). The new beds are incredibly comfortable, a welcome change from past owners, and the linen are soft and snuggly. Upgraded toweling and boutique quality bath amenities. Also, in room refrigerator was a welcome addition.

In the Common Areas: New wall art, a breakfast room with ice machine and the breakfasts....delicious. There was a rotation of scrambled eggs, blueberry pancakes, Belgian waffles (GREAT!) and French toast (my personal favorite)! Fruit, yogurt, cereal, breakfast meat, and homemade scones (really good!!!).

The Pool Area: New lounge furniture and a new HEATED pool and spa that uses a salt conditioning system vs. chlorine...and it makes your skin feel great.

The Grounds: This was always an ocean view inn. But now you can see the ocean like never before because of careful tree pruning. The inn still has great grounds...actually better than ever with more flowers and bushes than ever before and a new mid-level sitting area that is designated for smokers (no smoking in the inn or near it) but we used this area because it also had great views and comfortable adirondack chairs.

The Staff:
The best! Scott and Bruce are incredibly helpful, kind and courteous and Charles (the night manager) is a treat. They all really care that you are having a good time. They also have hired plenty of help to make sure that the rooms are cleaned and refreshed promptly and that the grounds are neat and tidy.

One more kudo...the Saturday 5PM mixer...very fun and they had incredible hors d'oeuvres from the Village Market.

Thanks to all for making this our best visit ever!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DanCohen55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

My wife Anne and I spent two fabulous nights at Two Village Square. We were met with smiles from Bruce and Scott (the owners) in addition to all the other guests. Where else can you go out on the town and be greeted with 'WELCOME HOME" on return. The place was immaculate, seriously you could eat off the floors. Talking about eating, the breakfast was fresh and delicious and the choices varied each morning. They have a giant sparkling pool and hot tub and a comfortable outdoor lounging area. There are also plush common areas indoors. In addition, 2TV supplies free wireless internet and a free DVD library that you can borrow for the player built into the TV in your room. Would we go back? Definitely, but I think next year Anne and I will check out Bruce and Scott's Gazebo Inn down the block and give the guys a break! Lol! Hey Bruce and Scott we love you guys! Take care! Best, Mike and Anne

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank miketess
Saint-Lambert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I have just gotten back from our best stay ever in Ogunquit. We finally found a home away from home. This inn is so warm and inviting. Bruce and Scott make you feel part of the family. I must not forget to mention the night manager Charles, who added to the charm of staying at the inn and who was always available to help you with a smile. I shared many laughs with him. I must say that all the staff was very kind and very helpful.

They have thought of everything. There are backpack style beach chairs and pool/beach towels at your disposal. Fabulous in-room amenities: shampoo, soap, lotion, hair dryer, a coffee maker with a large selection of coffees, a refrigerator, free Wi-Fi, a LCD television with a DVD player integrated for a rainy day or a late night movie. No need to bring DVDs as the inn has a large selection. I must not forget the beds. The beds are pure luxury: beautiful soft sheets on a very comfortable new mattress which will melt away any remnants of stress. At least 4 kinds of coffees in the lobby all day long: Breakfast blend, decaf, French Roast, Blueberry and fudge are some of the selections we sampled and all were perked to perfection.

The breakfast: Wow!! Every day we were treated to a home cooked breakfast which varied every morning: Blueberry pancakes, warm strawberry or apple compote covered waffles, scrambled eggs, French toasts and the piece de resistance every morning was freshly baked, melt in your mouth scones: blueberry and raspberry/chocolate.

The location is perfect as it is very close to the intersection of Beach and Shore roads. It took us 10 minutes to get to the beach and in the evening we were a short walk from a variety of great restaurants. The inn is set on the top of a little hill and thus noise was never a factor. Its porch was my home every morning and evening as I could see the ocean in the morning and appreciate the moon lit ocean at night all the while savouring a good mug of coffee. After a few hours at the beach, we loved sitting and reading by the heated pool. There was always means to find shade if we needed.

We met many wonderful people and with whom we shared long and interesting conversations. Many were long time patrons of the inn and were absolutely pleased of the continued quality and care under the new management.

We were so thrilled with our stay that we booked for next year before leaving. We both want to go back to our home away from home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

As frequent visitor to Ogunquit Maine, I was always aware of the 2 Village Square as it is right in the centre of town. You can’t miss it perched high upon a hill! Several years ago I stayed at the Inn and thought it was quaint but it didn’t have a impact on me, as I have stayed in some pretty amazing Inn’s and B &B’s in my time. Upon other visits to Ogunquit I decided not to return and sought out other accommodations elsewhere in town. Flash forward several years later, I found myself booked back at 2 Village Square but this time with new owners and a new attitude. Although some aspects of the Inn were as I remembered, I felt as If I were at a new place for the first time. The full course breakfasts, the amazing friendly staff and the beautifully appointed rooms now make this an outstanding Inn. I enjoyed myself so much on that five day visit that I decided to return two weeks later for another week of R & R. I know it sounds so cliché but 2 Village Square is my new home away from home. If you’re planning a trip to Ogunquit there really is no other place to stay. Oh and did I mention the incredible ocean view from the front porch. Be sure to check it out!

HK

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Troy, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

They have thought of everything....including backpack beach chairs for the forgetful guests! Breakfast was great and the complimentary porch party was not a dull obligaton as they so often are!. Owner Hosts, Bruce and Scott bend over backwards to make you feel welcome. . Night Manager Charles is well versed in local restaurants and went out of his way to get me last minute reservations. I couldn't say enough nice things, and this was strictly a stab in the dark on my part when I booked on line. So glad I did!

THANK YOU ALL!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
West Sand Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I just returned from the most absolutely divine mini vacation. The Inn is nestled upon a hill of gardens in a quiet secluded area off the main road. We were greeted by Charles with his wonderful bubbly personality who made us feel like royalty. Our room was located right off the porch with a view of the ocean. The room was gorgeous with attention to detail. The bedding was luxurious and ever so comfortable. The large flat screen tv was really nice as well. The Inn itself is beautiful. As I mentioned before lots of attention to detail. Computer access, a gorgeous great room with lovely furniture to sit and read. A beautiful dining area to eat your delicious breakfast. Outside the heated salt water pool and hot tub were great with plenty of lounge chairs and tables and a large gas grill for your pleasure. Sunblock is even provided. We had the pleasure of meeting Scott and Bruce two of the owners and they made you feel like you were family. Truly I can't say enough good about this wonderful Inn and the people that own and run it. I would highly recommend it and can't wait to go back !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

We were due for a getaway and decided to skip Florida & try Oginquit, Maine for a change of pace. What a delight! This B & B boasts immaculate rooms, a lovely pool lounge, delicious breakfast buffets and probably some of the nicest guys to attend you could imagine! Unless I forget to mention, the view is expansive, overlooking the village and out over the North Atlantic. Perched directly above the town center, 2 Village Square offers a peaceful nights sleep & reasonable walking distance to the beach, shops, fine resturaunts as well as "The Marginal Way" path that winds along the seaside south to Perkins Cove. Looking forward to our next visit! Thanks Guys!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple