“Best meal of the week”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #2 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best meal of the week”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I went out without kids-great ambiance out on terrace. Had the rice balls-holy vow they were delicious. Food was cooked perfectly. Desserts were to die for-had the wedding cake for dessert and tartufo. Best dinner of our vacation. Check this place out!

1 Thank Jen B

Colchester, Vermont
“C + grade”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We had an ok meal. But you wouldn't be proud to take your boss or your mom here. Don't go out of your way to go to Angelina's, but if you do, you won't leave starving, naked, and crying, with Ebola. You just won't be delighted. My Caprese salad was constructed with hot house tomatoes in gorgeous heirloom tomato season. My pasta Bolognese had homemade pasta, but it just wasn't good. Chewy, not al dente. And the sauce had a ton of sugar in it. It was lousy Bolognese sauce. My dining partner's spinach salad was uninspired. He found the pasta "off" too, although the sauce...roasted corn, cream, bacon, and mushrooms served with sautéed scallops wasn't bad. Actually pretty good. The service was attentive. The wine selection was very good. We had a Michele Chiarlo Barolo that was very nice....should've been decanted. A nice, not bad restaurant, with too much on the menu to really nail anything perfectly. They get a C+ for this experience.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank cperrera
angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent visit and review. Lets start with our Caprese salad, our menu does not say we use Heirloom tomatoes, however we do use Madison Maine tomatoes which our guests seem to really love, and we are lucky that this company produces them all year long. The homemade Bucatini is on the bit chewy side I do agree, mainly because it is a VERY THICK hollow pasta. I will be sure to mention this to our kitchen team and be sure they are tasting the pasta before plating it. This is where your review STUMPS me. WE DO NOT USE SUGAR AT ALL IN ANY OF OUR SAUCES!! In fact, the ONLY sugar in house is in little packets in the server station. So where you got the taste of "a ton of sugar" from is impossible. Are you confusing our fresh puree tomatoes & basil for sugar & sweetness, I'm not sure. Everyone raves about our sauce. I'm so glad that you though our scallop dish was pretty good, again with homemade Ziti pasta. You both thought our homemade pasta was "off", how often do you really eat fresh pasta is my question? When your in the area again, I hope you give us another visit.
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Amazing food and great service!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I have been dining at Angelinas for as long as I can remember. The food is always cooked to perfection and the service we receive is amazing. David, the owner, takes an interest in his customers and greets us with a smile and seats us out on the garden terrace, our favorite spot in the whole restaurant. You really can't go wrong with any drink or main course selection as they are all fantastic. I highly recommend any dish that has tomatoes in it, as David grows his own tomatoes and quite honestly, they're the best I've ever had! I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending anywhere else in Ogunquit for a high quality meal!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank JLiebo6
Wells, Maine
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

David has a great restaurant on his hands. The food is great, the service excellent and David is a great host and owner. I highly recommend this restaurant for a great meal and great atmosphere. Love it.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Joe L
Lexington, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Go-to restaurant...”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Angelina's has been my go-to restaurant since it first opened. Before that, I was a regular at their original OGT restaurant David's Cafe. The food is consistently good, the staff well informed and trained, and the atmosphere fun and upbeat. Love the bar and the patio during high season and the dining room is great when Fall and Winter come around. Can't beat the cocktails and by far best Italian food in the area. David, the owner always makes you feel welcome and goes out of his way to remember his regulars and make them feel special. I have been a loyal customer for many years and will continue to be…. Thanks for all the great meals and great vacation memories!

• Visited August 2014