“Amazing food and great service!”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Amazing food and great service!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I have been dining at Angelinas for as long as I can remember. The food is always cooked to perfection and the service we receive is amazing. David, the owner, takes an interest in his customers and greets us with a smile and seats us out on the garden terrace, our favorite spot in the whole restaurant. You really can't go wrong with any drink or main course selection as they are all fantastic. I highly recommend any dish that has tomatoes in it, as David grows his own tomatoes and quite honestly, they're the best I've ever had! I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending anywhere else in Ogunquit for a high quality meal!

2 Thank JLiebo6

Wells, Maine
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

David has a great restaurant on his hands. The food is great, the service excellent and David is a great host and owner. I highly recommend this restaurant for a great meal and great atmosphere. Love it.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Joe L
Lexington, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Go-to restaurant...”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Angelina's has been my go-to restaurant since it first opened. Before that, I was a regular at their original OGT restaurant David's Cafe. The food is consistently good, the staff well informed and trained, and the atmosphere fun and upbeat. Love the bar and the patio during high season and the dining room is great when Fall and Winter come around. Can't beat the cocktails and by far best Italian food in the area. David, the owner always makes you feel welcome and goes out of his way to remember his regulars and make them feel special. I have been a loyal customer for many years and will continue to be…. Thanks for all the great meals and great vacation memories!

1 Thank pike22
Boston, Massachusetts
“Should have left immediately”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Most of my reviews are rave reviews but this was a poor experience. We walked in with four children and the hostess rolled her eyes. There were only reserved tables but offered us a table in the bar. They fixed up the tables to accommodate us but left the menus on the side and told us we could be seated. We passed out our menus and began to look at them. Everything was rush rush. My daughter ordered sword fish. It was over cooked and was like cutting chicken. It came with two sides. She choose mac and cheese for one but when the bill came it was $6 and the waiter went to check on it and said it wasn't a side. Well, it was clearly listed as one. I asked the waiter why he wouldn't have stated that so another could be chosen. Said sorry about that. He didn't know what was going on but we paid it. My meatball and sausage dinner was $24 and it came with one meatball and a large sausage. Overpriced and just average. One of my grandchildren was eating with a mouthful of food and the waiter was trying to take her plate. I had to ask him to let her finish. It is a whole different experience without children. With or without children, I won't be going back to this restaurant.

9 Thank Freckles2212
angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
The only eyes that rolled were yours when you received the bill, noticing you were charged for a side not included in your dish. The menu explicitly details your swordfish's accompaniment which, not surprisingly, is pasta. You said you preferred two sides of vegetables instead, and your experienced server obliged. This alone for us isn't quite comparable in price but we did it anyway to ensure your dining experience. To assume that we can offer an additional side of Mac 'n' Cheese (and not to mention enough to feed your growing child) free of charge is absurd. We wouldn't last long if we did that day-to-day.

Your review is disappointing on many levels, especially given how hard we worked to seat you with no reservation. What you perceived as rolling of the eyes was your hostess thinking hard how to fit your hungry family in on a booked night. She initially thought we'd be forced to turn you away, but instead found an imaginative solution. I don't want to believe it, but it actually appears your entire night was ruined by an "unexpected" six dollar charge.
Jaffrey, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Angelina's is fantastic”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We love Angelina's! Food, service and atmosphere are all stellar. It's a must do every time we go to Maine!

• Visited September 2013