“Excellent”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Millbury, Massachusetts
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My group of 8 went to Angelina's for their special wine tasting, (there's another one in June.) Every single aspect of the evening was A+. The atmosphere was romantic, the service was professional and the wine and food was excellent. We especially loved the cabbage and bean soup which the owner said was his grandmother's recipe. The homemade pasta was also perfect. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Ogunquit, Maine
“A Fabulous Time Was Had By All”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband, another couple, and I dined at Angelina's last evening. We sat on the patio, relaxed, sipped wonderful wine and were treated to the a truly delicious meal. Each course was superb. The service was excellent and the entire staff is courteous, attentive and fun. We lingered for several hours and relished our experience coming away feeling pampered and full. :-) If you desire a delectable, warm, fine dining experience, I strongly recommend you visit Angelina's.

Sterling, Massachusetts
“Allergy friendly and delicious!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Why didn't we find Angelina's sooner? We've been travelling to Maine for over 10 years and just tried it last August and again this Mother's day at the advice of the Admiral's Inn where we stayed. (Great place!)

I have a gluten intolerance and can go to many restaurants for steak or chicken, but we're always hard pressed to find an Italian restaurant that has gluten free offerings. Not even in the North End in Boston!

Angelina's menu is extensive and they accommodate all of your needs. You get great value for the price of your meal. The food is fresh and fabulous. Mixed drinks are well made and the service is great.

Angelina's offers gluten free pasta. I have a corn allergy and I called ahead to inquire what the GF pasta was made from. When they said "corn" and I said I could not have corn, they told me if I brought my own rice pasta with me, they would cook it! I was there!

Some restaurants won't let you bring outside food into their kitchen which is tricky for those of us with food allergies who are sick of having that burger on a plate, or that red sauce on some veggies, hold the pasta!

Sorry, you can't have the meatballs which have bread crumbs, but you can have so many items on the menu! Fresh and creative salads and homemade dressings (homemade is key for those with allergies). I ended up with a wonderful chicken dish with red sauce, Pollo Puttanesca, which they served with my GF fettucini. The portion was so big, I had leftovers for two meals. I rarely eat leftovers, but these were good even cold!

Mixed drinks are tricky with a corn allergy because most mixes and juices have corn syrup. They squeezed fresh limes so I could enjoy a margarita!

My husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal. They don't have a kids menu. Or they did, but I recall they made special "chicken fingers" for my son which were basically fresh, small portions of their chicken parm, and my other son plowed through the freshly made cheese ravioli. They made the portion sizes just right for them.

Best Mother's day dinner! We will return on our next trip to Ogunquit for sure!

1 Thank Andrea S
Springfield, Illinois, United States
“Italian in Maine”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because we wanted Italian and it was right next to our resort so we didn't expect it to be as great as it was. We were impressed with the beautifully designed interior, extensive menu and the wait staff that was so knowledgeable and pleasant. Each of us had a different entree and all gave rave reviews. I chose the clam linguine which was excellent and I took home a box of it for lunch because the portion was huge. One more thing, extensive wine list! Need I say more?

Raynham
“Great night out”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Italian food to die for. Perfectly prepared and great with their extensive wine list. Must try the lobster your way!

Visited May 2014