“Perfect place to host a party!”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I recently hosted a small surprise birthday dinner for my husband at Angelina's. The food was delicious (as usual) and the service outstanding. Dave was extremely helpful in reserving their semi-private wine room and choosing the wine and menu. I am sure this will be the first of many milestones celebrated at Angelina's!

1  Thank Michelle S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,873)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Staying next door at InnSeason... walked over to enjoy an Italian dinner. We were NOT disappointed!! Great food, Great Service !! Speak to the chef -- very personable guy!

1  Thank Lynda8804
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Have been dining at Angelina's for quite some time now. The food is always fresh, the service is alway top notch, the owner David, is alway there to greet every guest, goes table to table to check on every guest, and thanks every guests on there way out. We love all the fish and seafood selections prepared with an Italian twist. Reservations are a must as we found that out, but we were quickly taken care of, even in the middle of the winter. All that said, we highly recommend dining at Angelina's.

1  Thank andy k
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Needed some time to calm down... On Saturday, January 10, my wife and I were anticipating another wonderful experience at Angelina's (food, service, ambience, etc.), and were seated in the main dining room. Unfortunately, two thirds of that room had been reserved for a large party of women. They were as loud as the women in the audiences of daytime talk shows, only non-stop. The noise level even got worse in direct proportion to the heavy activity at the bar. Several portable screens had been placed at the edge of the party in an attempt to deaden the impact of this tsunami of sound; they failed miserably. Had it not been for my wife's insistence that we stay in spite of this horrible atmosphere (it was her birthday dinner and she's non-confrontational), we would have beat a hasty retreat and gone to Bintliff's. Dave, what the HECK were you thinking, by booking such a party? If we ever return, I'll be sure to ask if any large parties are booked for the evening.

4  Thank Leon D
angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

I'm sorry that the large group of women were extremely loud that evening. What I find so confusing is that you say, how you were anticipating ANOTHER great experience at Angelina's, yet you have never written us a review before, or even written anyone a review on trip advisor before. You thought is would be easier to join trip advisor today just to write us a poor review, instead of calling or emailing me PERSONALLY so you could voice your concerns and I would be given the chance to make it up to you? Now lets go back, if you were seated in the same space as the large group next to the portable screens, then you did not even have a reservation that evening. If you would had a reservation in place, then you would have been seating in the quiet & private wine room that evening. Now lets be honest, as to your comment about the "heavy activity" at our bar, ANYONE who dines in the restaurant knows that our bar is a "dining bar" not a "drinking bar" there could not have been the noise level your describing. Lastly, "WHAT WAS I THINKING", well here it is. Its the middle of the winter, on one of the slowest weekends in January, yes believe it or not we do have a few of those weekends at Angelina's, and a party of 50 women wanted to book a portion of the restaurant as they have done so for the past 3 years, YES I WILL BOOK IT. EVERY guest is as important as the next, however please remember I am running a business here and after all if we did not take parities like this from time to time during the winter we wouldn't be able to stay open 7 nights a week during those "lean" months. So with all that said, we hope you will join us again so you can have, as you say it, "another wonderful experience" with us. Again very sorry that the ladies were a little to loud for you and if you should EVER have a issue in my restaurant or ANY other restaurant for that matter, we as restaurant owners would love to be given the chance to correct the issue rather than reading about it on TripAdvisor.
David

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were thrilled with our recent experience going to Angelina’s for a wine dinner. Friends we went with had been to the restaurant before and raved about the food. They were so right—the food was among the best I have ever had, and the wines were a perfect complement. If anything, the portions on both could have been a bit smaller.
Two crostinis topped with cheese and shrimp served as the first course paired with a wonderful, slightly fizzy rose. Both were wonderful. Next was a good sized bowl of lentil soup accompanied by a slightly dry white. My favorite came next—wonderful home made pasta with a fresh pesto topped with shrimp. It was just too good to stop eating. The pork steak that followed was juicy and cooked to perfection. These two courses were served with very nice reds. The meal was topped off with a wonderful ricotta pie. Also offered with the courses was fresh ground pepper and shaved Parmesan cheese. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive and the chef, Dave, made the rounds to make sure all was well. Although for us going to a dinner like this requires a stay over, we definitely hope to attend many more.

1  Thank rnmteach