“Wonderful!”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were thrilled with our recent experience going to Angelina’s for a wine dinner. Friends we went with had been to the restaurant before and raved about the food. They were so right—the food was among the best I have ever had, and the wines were a perfect complement. If anything, the portions on both could have been a bit smaller.
Two crostinis topped with cheese and shrimp served as the first course paired with a wonderful, slightly fizzy rose. Both were wonderful. Next was a good sized bowl of lentil soup accompanied by a slightly dry white. My favorite came next—wonderful home made pasta with a fresh pesto topped with shrimp. It was just too good to stop eating. The pork steak that followed was juicy and cooked to perfection. These two courses were served with very nice reds. The meal was topped off with a wonderful ricotta pie. Also offered with the courses was fresh ground pepper and shaved Parmesan cheese. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive and the chef, Dave, made the rounds to make sure all was well. Although for us going to a dinner like this requires a stay over, we definitely hope to attend many more.

1  Thank rnmteach
Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

999 - 1,003 of 1,860 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Ogunquit is a beautiful place to visit, the people are friendly and it's amazingly scenic. There are many good restaurants to choose from. For our First Anniversay/Valentine's Day, we chose Angelinas. My husband ordered lasagna and I ordered Filet Mignon but was hoping for a lobster tail. The waitress said the owner would add lobster for $8.

The sweet waitress that waited on us was great but the owner did not make us feel welcomed or allow us to have any complaints without being very unfriendly. I told the waitress I was not happy with a teaspoon of lobster that arrived at my table for $8 (lobster claw meat to boot) on top of my already expensive filet mignon for $31 with a dollap of mashed potatoe right under the filet mignon. The waitress spoke to the owner and she came back with a quarter of a teaspoon more of lobster and a large mound of mashed potatoes which didn't cut it for me either. (We did leave her a big tip) The owner then came over and told us he was paying $28 a pound for lobster which I thought was odd.

I must say I was also taken back when they took us to a room in the back which was very crowded with tables. I am of average weight and they had to move the table out to get me into my chair and then move the table back in front of me. We were so close to the next table it made me uncomfortable.

My parents live in the area so we know our way around. The next evening we went to the Nubble Inn and had a fabulous filet mignon, lobster tail, loaded baked potatoe with a vegetable that was out of this world for $28 with a warm fireplace and classical music playing. There are many wonderful places to eat in Ogunquit and ninety eight percent of them are wonderful so if this is your first time visiting you will not be disappointed. Another favorite place for lunch or dinner is Mikes Clam Shack in Wells (all the locals hang here so you know it's good), The Lobster Pound in Ogunquit (opens in March) , Jackies Two in Ogunquit with a great ocean view!!! And they will all treat you awesome!!

12  Thank cmfofboston48
angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I am disappointed that trip advisor actually let this person write a second review! She has already written a review below titled "DECENT FOOD BUT WAY OVER-PRICED"

SHAME ON YOU TRIP ADVISOR FOR ALLOWING THIS WOMAN TO WRITE 2 REVIEWS.

I am not going to even respond to this review seeing I have already done so below

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is my 3'rd trip to Angelina's and 2'nd review in 2 years... Attended a wine dinner on this trip.
Each "tasting " was a full glass not a 1 ounce taste.
Chef David visited with the guests multiple times during the evening. He has a great personality.
4 different wines were served during the 5 course meal. Chef came out with 2'nds on the soup. A second glass of wine was also available for those guests that wanted more after each tasting.
All 5 courses were delicious. Any restaurant serving any of the 5 dishes should be proud of their food. ALL 5 being this good was enexpected.Take-out boxes were available for unfinished
portions and some
went home with me. There should be a warning when you make your reservations to not eat anything else that day before attending. The portions are very generous.
My party of 4 people all agreed that the price was a bargain and the quality was exceptional. I don't think I can ever visit the area again without eating dinner here. This is far enough away that it is an overnight trip BUT we will be watching our e-mail for info on the next wine dinner here and plan on making the drive.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Came to Ogunquit to escape the freezing New York winter. On short notice the restaurant took reservations. And we were seated promptly. The pasta Melange was to die for.. and Fettucini alla Bucaniera was the best. Both had an explosion of tastes. when finished with the main courses CHRIS forced a piece of german chocolate cake upon us.. decadent.....servers well trained and acted upon all request.. Pricey. but worth the price... Just my opinion.. Had a great meal, great service....great time..... My dining partner has a better opinion yet.. (the chocolate) cake..yummmmmmm...........

Reviewed February 15, 2014

From Lasagna at $21 to steak and Lobster at $39 ... be prepared for a huge tab after a just "good" meal. The portions of the main dish are small while huge onion rings seem designed to distract you. The sauce on my dish reminded me of a family Italian retaurant ... hardly the upper crust this restaurant makes believe it is.

The wait staff is good but the owner has a chip on his shoulder ... He is very unfriendly to any customer who raises an issue. I think his temper makes his own employees fearful of him.

There are numerous better restaurants in the Ogunquit area where you can really get the fine dining experience you thought you would get here. Don't waste your time or money.

9  Thank Scramjet314
angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

I’m not going to begin this with a discussion of price, food, or even your drunkenness that night. I want to address how you made my waitress, a very sweet girl, feel helpless. You say you sensed your waitress was fearful of me, but the bitter truth is that due to your constant heckling and berating which consumed too much of her time at the peak hour of service, she was fearful of falling behind and losing the goodwill of her other customers. She came to me on the verge of tears because of your antics. You not only ruined her night but the night of every patron within earshot of your baseless malcontent. You know as well I do that they clapped upon your exiting the building.

Now you come here to TripAdvisor, where there is no recourse for your lying, to complain that we overcharged you for small portions. You and your husband are part of a very select group. In fact, you and your husband may be the only ones in your group, believing that our main courses are too small. Customers are always telling us how happy they are to have a doggy bag with lunch in it for the next day. In addition, I truly hope you understand that there is no such thing as a self-sustaining restaurant that gives away free lobster. Your filet entrée was clearly priced $31 on the menu with an exact description of the preparation and size of the cut. Your dish did not include lobster. You chose to add it and your waitress communicated to me after you left that it appeared as if you expected the lobster for free. We are more than willing to accommodate changes to our menu, but please remember that this is a business, not a soup kitchen. The price you paid for your lobster was almost at cost for me, meaning I made no money from you. We thought we were being very generous, especially after you requested even more lobster on top of the amount we charged.

Since you made a point of telling me there are many other restaurants in our area, I encourage you to visit them with your attitude. Every time I walked by your table you tried to hail me by yelling “Hey Buddy” and then proceeded to voice another complaint. You repeatedly uttered the phrase “Hey Buddy I write reviews on TripAdvisor,” as if that would compel me to suddenly grant your every wish and whim. It’s worth noting that this is your first and only review on here, highlighting the need for your readers to take what you say with a big grain of salt. Unfortunately, this attitude of yours is a growing phenomenon, whereby customers believe that just mentioning they write reviews ensures special treatment or accommodations. Frankly, it does not, because we treat every customer with the same excellence, no matter how big or small their voice is.