“Rehearsal dinner for our wedding”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We got married up in Cape Neddick, Maine on September 7, 2013 and were looking for a venue for our rehearsal dinner which was surprisingly difficult. We spend most of our time in Wells and Ogunquit and thought: "oh there will be plenty of options". Turns out, that's not true because a lot of the restaurants around don't want to be bothered with large parties especially during September which continues to be a more and more popular time to be in Ogunquit.

So... this leads me to working with David at Angelina for our 15 person rehearsal dinner. He was so delightful to work with and really made the experience easy. When we went to do our own "tasting" to decide upon our favorite entrees, he really went out of his way to get us a cute table in the corner and to continue checking on us.

We used the back room for our rehearsal dinner which fit our party perfectly. David helped us create our own event menu and suggested a great wine program that made the drinks more affordable for our party.

Everyone raved about the food and the ambiance - it was absolutely perfect and it was an especially good contrast because we were doing a lobster bake for the wedding the next evening.

Whether hosting an event at Angelina's or just having a romantic dinner in Ogunquit, it is definitely one of my favorite restaurants. Wonderful food and wonderful service.

- Kristen & Andy, Boston, MA

angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Many special occasions are celebrated here and at times it's easy to do our job, and to do it well, and forget as time has passed that these moments really are once in a lifetime. Thank you for reminding us and for letting us be a part of your special moment. I hope in the future you'll think of us again for all your anniversaries to come.

There are newer reviews for Angelina's Ristorante & Wine

Reviewed November 18, 2013

WE celebrated our 3 anniversary at Angelina's in Ogunquit. I cannot say enough about how wonderful dinner was. I had the Cheese ravioli with marinara sauce and my husband had the Gnocchi. The marinara sauce was perfect..not too sweet..not too acid. Just lovely! The service was also top notch. I have recommended this restaurant to my friends and will continue to do so. This was our third time at Angelina's and we are looking forward to our next trip to Maine!

3  Thank Patricia D

It means so much that you chose us for your anniversary. We really do make our marinara sauce from scratch every day and your patronage is what keeps it going. See you again!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The restaurant, it seems, has been there for years. It's sign, outside, on Highway 1, offers good Italian dining and highlights very attractive daily specials. It’s a popular place, the parking’s always nearly full, and yet, the friendly people at the door will always find a way to fit you in. The food at Angelina’s, is good classic Italian restaurant fare, a notch or two better than most similar places. Once seated, you’re given a ton of menus : the main menu (not great value for your money, but appetizing and inviting, a wine and drinks menu, and one or two special one-sheet menus. But the menu offering the day’s specials advertized on the restaurant’s signpost, outside, is not (always?) included in the ton of menus. You have to ask for it specifically for them to “find” it for you. This happened to us this year, and last year as well, on our yearly visit there. This said, the day’s special was a soup (Italian) or salad (Cesar) plus a generous, delicious pasta dish with meat sauce, and a complimentary glass of wine. We chose to forgo the glass of house wine. Instead, we shared a bottle of Montepulciano and one (delicious) desert. Which pushed our bill to $100 for two, including tax and tip.

Your review reads as if five stars hang above it, not three. Given how warmly you described our food and service, I hope it was just a slip of the cursor. There are two menus for drinks, one for martinis and one for wine. For food, we have our regular menu and specials. If we give our weekly specials at the same time, it may seem overwhelming, so we let that be "by request." We thank you for your positive review and will be very grateful to see you again!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I recently spent my birthday at Angelina's, in Ogunquit, Me. The menu presented a number
of "Specials" and I opted for short ribs in a mushroom wine sauce. The ribs were so tender that
I barely needed a knife. The sauce was delectable. The service was attentive, The ambiance,
pleasant and comfortable. I should add that I was dining alone. At some other restaurants, this has meant being put in a corner and forgotten. Not so at Angelina's.
I received wonderful, caring service. I make it a point to dine at Angelina's whenever I'm in
Ogunquit. The menu offers many tempting specials, and you won't be disappointed no
matter what you choose to order. You'll be guaranteed a delightful evening.

angelinaogt, Manager at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for mentioning your delight. We treat every customer the same whether alone or part of a large party. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We enjoyed the special of the evening which was three courses. The food was delicious and porportioned well. Our waiter was delightful and it was a great dining experience. The atmosphere was quiet and condusive for dining. We will certainly return.

angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

It's great to hear you appreciate the value and quality of our food. We will see you again.