“Excellent food and great service”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Nashua, NH
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our third visit to Angelina's during the past two years. The food was consistently good each time, their signature eggplant tower is a real treat. Their risotto is fabulous!

• Visited September 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“huge disappointment”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant based on it's good reviews, but I'm baffled by the high rating. From the moment I walked in until the end of the night it was nothing but disappointment. The hostess, bartender, waiter and help all seemed gloomy and depressed. No one served with a smile. Our waiter was cold and unengaging. He did his job and that is it. I ordered a salad, which thankfully was very good. The main dish, a $28 seafood linguini, arrived as I barely finished my salad, which made me feel rushed. The usual presentation would be to display the seafood on top of the linguini so that you see what you're getting. My plate was the equivalent to army slop. I dug around looking for my seafood and found one small scallop, three mussels and one small shrimp. The rest was filled with chunks of miscellaneous fish. How much did that cost them?
The waiter never did check up on us during our meal, so when I flagged him down, I did mention my disappointment. He apologized, walked away and I never saw him again until it was time for dessert. My husband ordered a $30 lamb ragout on pasta, which literally looked like dog food out of a can. Again, zero presentation, bland and too dry to put on pasta. I observed how the other patrons were being served in the same manner with absolutely no attention to detail in their food either. Desserts were being served a "slab of something" on a plate. It was sad! This restaurant gives the impression of being upscale with a pricey menu, but the opposite is true. Thought it worth mentioning that the customers to my left and to the right of my table were unhappy and complained as well. This experience totally ruined my last evening in Maine. Don't let it spoil your holiday, too.

9 Thank suzaco
angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
You predetermined your disappointment. The hostess greeted you warmly when you stepped in but you appeared to be on a mission right from the start, demanding "our best table" which is not a normal thing to say when you don't have a reservation. She said she would do her best since the night was busy and most tables were already occupied. You seemed disgruntled immediately which I think made you a little defensive and critical before we could even serve you. Adding to your frustration, you made a point of asking repeatedly if salads were served with the meal and you were told no. Above all, you appeared very concerned with the prices, which we make no attempt to hide and which are in-line with the surrounding area.

Some of your gripes are described with phrases like "miscellaneous fish" and "slab of something." People and food are going to look "gloomy" if you view them gloomily. That "miscellaneous fish" was swordfish, halibut and salmon, and as for the shrimp in your entree, it definitely wasn't small because we serve large tiger shrimp. By "slab of something" did you mean a slice? Because it appears "slab" is just your "gloomy" way of describing a slice of cake. A slab implies we just cut out a chunk of cake and throw it on a plate. If you could write your review again with honesty would you say that? Some of our desserts happen to be slices of cake and those are always plated with finishing touches. I'm not sure how it benefits you to be disingenuous.

Your husband ordered a ragout, which you describe as bland and dry. So, in other words, lamb simmered slowly for hours in our house sauce was without flavor and not moist? A chef would have to try very hard to manage that and even then I think it's nearly impossible. This dish was on the menu for a limited time and since its absence customers have called in specifically asking for it before making a reservation.

I like honest reviews, whether good or bad. People who use Trip Advisor deserve an opinion from both sides but not something designed to hurt because of some imagined slight.
salem, nh
“HIDDEN JEWEL”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best meal of our three day weekend. Never knew that Angelin'a existed until somebody told us about it. GREAT SERVICE WITH GREAT FOOD.

Found that it is open all year round/ Well woth th ehour ride to get to it.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent meal, great service and setting”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to dinner on our last night of vacation. We called that day for a reservation for 7, and were promptly seated at a nice table. Our server was very good about taking an appetizer order and giving us more time to decide on an entree. My entree was salmon with lentils -- amazing flavor. My husband has veal - good, but not a star. His mussels with marinara sauce were terrific - the sauce was great! Fresh bread. Our desserts were fine. The atmosphere inside was very nice, actually more upscale than I expected from the outside.

Norton, Massachusetts
“Execellent Italian food and service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were vacationing in ME and decided to stop in at Angelina's. The food and service were great. The wine list was fabulous, deserts were to die for and the prices were good as well. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Overall an excellent choice..

Linda S and Jeanne H