“Best Italian Restaurant”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We come to Ogunquit every summer. While there are a number of restaurants that have been here for years and serve up good food, there is none that are on the same top level as Angelina's. We enjoy each course including the appetizers; shrimp, calamari, bruschetta, lobster ravioli, eggplant tower. The salads are excellent. Although we have not tried each entree on the menu, the ones that we have tried are great; chicken/veal/eggplant parmesan, risotto, fettucini alfredo, chicken picatta/marsala/francaise, shrimp scampi, etc etc.
The portions are on the larger size.
The desserts top it off.
The wait-staff is always pleasant and exceptional.
The restaurant is friendly to all......even our kids.
For our family, Angelina's is a must visit every time we are in Ogunquit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Service was great, portions were huge, food was satisfying (not amazing or outstanding, but good enough). Nice outdoor patio seating area.

1  Thank Lirilo
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We used the trolley most of this 4 day trip and Angelina's location is perfect distance from our motel. We made a reservation and was greeted and seated on schedule. Our waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable with the menu. I ordered veal with marina, my wife had the traditional spaghetti & meatballs. Both good choices. Looking forward to going back. Susannah was our terrific waitress.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I brought another couple with us to enjoy the fantastic Italian cuisine of Angelina's on Friday night. We had been there a few weeks before and raved about it - particularly about the meatballs - large and delicious.

Our reservation was for 7pm and we were seated in a nice booth. I will say our service was OK - not as attentive as the first time we went to Angelina's. We actually had to ask for bread for the table - what's up with that??

On our last visit we ordered an appetizer of meatballs - not on the menu - and were rewarded with an amazing, delicious app - served with fresh parmesan and a delicious marinara.

So - we ordered our wine (a nice list of whites and reds by the way) and asked if we could have that special app again - but they were out of meatballs!! Can you believe an Italian restaurant out of meatballs at 7pm on a Friday night??

Once we got over our shock (the owner stopped by to try to calm us down) we ordered apps off the menu - gnocchi and mussels with marinara sauce. Loved the marinara on the mussels and the gnocchi soft and tasty.

For meals, I ordered the Linguini alla Vongole - pasta in marinara (white sauce optional) smothered in diced clams. Very tasty. My girlfriend ordered the Tagliatelle Bolognese - a delicious, thick meat sauce (a mix of ground sirloin and sausage, simmered in a red sauce) that was to die for. Our friends ordered Chicken Marsala and Pollo Florentino - both said their dishes were excellent - the Florentino in a nice garlic sauce. My girlfriend also got a side of breaded veal with marinara - the veal was moist and flavorful. By the way, the pasta at Angelina's is all homemade. Alas, we had no room for dessert.

I saw another review here that said the meatballs were so-so. I'm here to tell you that can't be. I've had them. And while we were disappointed to not have them on our latest visit, I can tell you the food here is outstanding. Luckily, we live nearby and will be back to sample more of the menu - maybe a dessert next time - and hopefully the meatballs will be in plentiful supply.

1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was a Friday night and we were looking for a nice restaurant in town. We found Angelina's in our trip advisor search.

We called and they said they had a table available if we came right over, so we did.

The service was very good, no complaints at all and the staff was very accommodating. I had the pollo florentina and it was fantastic. My wife had the Lobster Fra Diablo. Very spicy, so beware. The waitress took it back and the chef did a great job of softening the spice.

I will definitely come back next time through.