“Nice atmosphere”

Angelina's Ristorante & Wine
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our favorite area Italian restaurant had closed and the motel recommended Angelina's. we were pleasantly surprised. It was hard to decide what to order, the menu had a lot of nice choices. We both enjoyed the entire meal. My husband said it was the best tiramisu he has ever had.

• Visited July 2013
angelinaogt, Owner at Angelina's Ristorante & Wine, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I hope we become your favorite Italian restaurant now! Thanks for the review!

MASSACHUSETTS
“Greatness all around”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife, her younger cousin visiting from out of town and myself took a jaunt up Rt 1 to show her cousin the beautiful Maine coast. After checking out some of the shops in downtown Ogunquit we decided to stop in at Pizza Napoli for lunch. We had a great lunch (more on this in a separate review) and chatted it up with our very friendly bartender Carlos. We asked him about dining options in the area and to our surprise Angelina's next door is Napoli's sister restaurant. Given our experience at Pizza Napoli we had to try Angelina's. He called over and was able to squeeze us in for an early dinner reservation even though they were completely booked because he knew we were only up for the day.

The minute we stepped in the restaurant it was like the host, David, had known us for years. He asked us about our earlier experience and warmly invited us to our table. A very personal touch that made us feel special. I started with a Caesar Salad, which was perfectly dressed, while my wife had a salad that was on special that night and made with all ingredients picked that day from their garden. It was obvious the greens and accompanying vegetables were picked that day. For my entree I had the pasta Melange, which was brimming with fresh seafood atop a pillowy bed of homemade pappardelle in a decadent cream sauce. Amazing! My wife had an encrusted salmon topped with seafood stuffing and sauce resembling a lobster bisque (sorry! if I got that part wrong) over risotto. The risotto was cooked to perfection. For desert we had tried their special wedding cake with raspberry mousse and fresh whipped cream. They nailed all three courses and the service was amazing. David checked in on us several times to make sure everything was perfect. It was! We can't wait to go back and recommend anyone in the area try Angelina's for a truly authentic Italian dining experience.

1 Thank ENL2772
The fact is we genuinely care about every customer and try to take advantage of every opportunity to impress. It will be great to chat again!
Port Washington, New York
“Please keep authentic simple dish simple and make it right!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I should have listened to the local negative reputation about Angelina's I heard at the B&B we stayed, but one night I wanted to have some Italian pasta so we went there anyway because trip adviser rating was good, thinking "how could I go wrong if I ordered a basic authentic dish?"
There was ample seating and we did not have to wait in the peak dinner time.
Ambiance was good, but the food, the most important, turned out to be surprisingly disappointing.

I ordered linguini with white clam sauce. It did not have clam flavor, instead, overpowering Oregano flower/stem was placed on top and mixed in pasta. The sauce did not smell like clam flavor, pasta was watery and the oregano negated any slight taste of the clams. I usually don't shake salt, but I needed a lot on this pasta. Unbelievable combination was created instead of a flavorful clam dish that night and I did not enjoy it at all.

And the waiter did not know ingredients of the specials. Some nuts were in a dessert menu that night, and he introduced it without a precaution for those who might be allergic to nuts. The dessert menu was presented on an unstable miniature easel board, and was not easy for us to read the list in the dim lighting, and the waiter himself had to adjust it a couple of times... put back the fallen miniature black board on the easel so we can see it. It was just a silly clumsy scene.

5 Thank cherrybunny
I wonder which B&B you stayed at. I'm surprised you didn't bother to write a review for where you stayed as well.

We remain at the top of all B&B's and hotels for the 533 reasons you see contributing to our Tripadvisor rating. The clam sauce dish is a favorite for many regulars and tourists. Look through the other reviews and you'll see many praising the same dish you criticize. We keep it authentic by using only a few fresh ingredients, which is the essence of Italian food.

A sprig of fresh oregano placed delicately on top of a dish couldn't overpower a meal even if the plate merely consisted of three strings of pasta. Needless to say our servings are large and generous.

As for the dessert board, I've truly never heard of someone unable to keep a small and manageable easel board together. I can somewhat understand a little confusion initially about how it works but after realizing that it's an easel it should be easy sailing.
Lincoln, New Hampshire
“Happy with everything!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I had dinner on a Wednesday night, and it was packed! The food was fabulous, especially the eggplant appetizer special. The service was excellent, friendly and efficient. We will definitely return and will be sure to make a reservation!

Visited July 2013
Making a reservation really helps on such busy nights. We will see you again!
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We don't like lobster and therefore, besides breakfast, have not found a restaurant we really enjoy for dinner in OGT. Trip Advisor led us to Angelina's and we had a great experience. Very good wait staff and the patio dining was really nice. We had the seafood special and the kids the chicken parm...very big portions and high quality food...will be back.

• Visited July 2013
We know how difficult it can be to please children out to eat, so we do our best to make the process smooth. Thank you for sharing your experience on here!