“Lobster Boat Trip”

Finestkind Scenic Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you want a fun, educational (for kids and adults alike) and scenic excursion that the whole family can enjoy, do the lobster boat trip. Once you make your way out of Perkins Cove, the captain will take you along the shoreline and give the history, the facts and provide opportunities for some beautiful pictures to be taken. They will then haul in between two to three of their own lobster traps, and share the entire experience with those on board. Our last trip included a 5-1/2lb female!!! Besides being able to see the traps come up and get unloaded, the captain also shared some past catches...such as a gorgeous red starfish and some crabs. The starfish was allowed to be passed around, as were some of the lobsters which were caught. To see the looks on the faces of all those aboard made the trip well worth it!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took an afternoon ride on the Cricket sailboat during Labor Day weekend and had an absolutely wonderful time. We booked in advance (so easy) and ended up being the only ones on the boat--so it was essentially a private tour of the cove and surrounding coast. Captain Grant Hubbard was an excellent guide, giving incredibly helpful information about the area, restaurants to check out and crucial tips to get around on a crowded weekend. We got some great shots of the cove and really enjoyed being out at sea on such a beautiful day. Well worth every penny!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have done a couple of the cruises now with Finestkind, both the Lobster and Nubble Light cruise. Both cruises were great, the guides really knew their history of the local towns and the sea life.

My kids and I learned a lot about the lobsters and I now have new knowledge about how to order my lobsters at a restaurant from now on.

The Nubble Light cruise was nice as you get to see the back side of the point while most people just see the famous front side from the parking lots.

Highly recommend their cruises, not expensive at all and its a good time killer when you want to get away from the heavy Perkins Cove crowds.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I went on our first sailboat. It was fantastic!! The Captain and his lovely family gave us an experience of a lifetime!! We were extremely fortunate to have the sailboat to ourselves!! We took the 11:00 sail, first of the day. The ocean was calm and the skies were bright!! I STRONGLY recommend taking the trip with Captain Hubbard...no better sailor out there!! We had great conversations with he and his beautiful family. It made our vacation!!!

1  Thank clarence1i
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I joined a group tour and they brought me to this Lobster catching cruise. We were out on the sea for about an hour long. The Captain showed us how to get the cage up from the sea and how the cage works. He pass around the lobsters so that we could hold it ourselves and take pictures. It was such a great trip, thanks to the tour company.

1  Thank cutibff2k13