“Only place to go.”

Beach Plum Lobster Farm
Ranked #22 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: LIVE, COOKED OR PACKED FOR TRAVEL. OGUNQUITS ONLY HUSBAND AND WIFE LOBSTER SERVICE. 2 People work here. Since 1995. We do not quote prices or give out pricing over the phone. Market price is posted daily. Prices are subject to change.
“Only place to go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Maine. The owner was super friendly and informative as well as his wife. They took the time to show us the different lobsters...and how to tell the difference between male and female. My kids loved it. The lobster was incredible and perfectly cooked. We also went the day we were leaving to buy lobsters to bring home and again the owner was super helpful.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gossamer613

Rochester, New Hampshire
“Very Rude Owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

My family and I went to the Beach Plum today to celebrate a birthday. Five adults and 2 kids. We brought a cooler with side dishes and drinks, as we had read in at least one review. When we started to place our order, the owner told us that we couldn't have the cooler, although he said that sides were allowed(??) My daughter asked why they didn't allow it like other places such as Chauncey Creek in Kittery. The owner told her to go there!!! AND, there were NO OTHER customers in the entire place!!!! We had a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old with us, so we weren't looking for trouble. We packed up and left the place - which was now completely empty! We went to the Post Road Tavern and had a great meal. We will never return to the Beach Plum. This guy cared more about the hideous totem poles he had all over the property than about the only customers in the place! In reading other reviews, it sounds like the owner has a habit of treating customers badly.

• Visited August 2014
7 Thank lampark
Richmond, VA
“First time here, but will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have always seen this place on Rt 1 when I have visited Ogunquit, but never knew what it was. This time, I looked into it, and found that they have lobsters and steamers live to go or cooked to go. We ordered 2 lobsters and steamers cooked to go, and they provide the melted butter. There are some picnic tables there to eat outside, but we took the food back to our hotel and enjoyed it there. The lobster and steamers were outstanding, and were reasonably priced.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank kermit320
Stoneham, Massachusetts, United States
“Good food, convenient location, bad attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I understand its a busy time of year, but if you are sick of customers, then maybe the service industry isn't for you. We called to place a take out order. When we asked for prices we were told that too many restaurants call to comparison price so they don't give prices per pound over the phone. We said "ok, its 8:00 at night, we're hungry, we'll just place the order" it was too late to play the lets shop around game. We placed our order. We asked, "and how much will that come to approximately?" "Nope- not going to tell you, we've been over this" So we bought 5 lobsters and some steamers without knowing how much money it would cost. Then they called back to confirm that the phone number was valid, they did not confirm the details of the order. We got there, and the order wasn't right. Them- "We did call to confirm, why didnt you say something then?" Because you guys are too busy trying to make sure you're not being put out!
Why not take my credit card number and then give me my order total over the phone? The food was good, but not worth the aggravation.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jeff C
Schenectady, New York
“Sweet, delicious lobster!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Out of all of the summers I have been visiting Maine, I can't believe this was the first time I have tried beach plum! We called to order our lobsters about 20min ahead of picking them up and the staff was super friendly and helpful on the phone. Honestly the sweetest lobsters I have ever had! Great place , can't wait to go back next year!

• Visited July 2014