“Italian Food - a break from seafood”
Review of Caffe Prego

Caffe Prego
Ranked #22 of 102 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was very good, the servers were attentive and our table provided a peekaboo glimpse of the ocean. No complaints.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

The food was not as good as I had hoped here. The location is near the center of town, which makes it convenient. My husband had pizza, which was greasy, and I had the mango crab cake, which was very bland. My husband had a beer, and I had a champagne cocktail which was mostly juice. Maybe their breakfast is better, but there are better places for dinner in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We wanted cappuccino with breakfast one morning, so we thought we'd try here. And the special eggs benedict turned out to be a delight....fresh basil and balsamic worked well. Nice friendly service, too.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We arrived with our party of 9, unfortunately Caffe Prego does not accept any reservations in advance. We were told it would be an hour wait so we split our party up with 2 separate tables....about 3 min later there was a free table of 4 that they could have added to our table that was right next to us (it was empty for 10 minutes) could have easily accommodated our large group. We ordered tapas to start. The ricotta with pancetta had absolutely no flavor. Not crispy at all, very bland. My 20 month old son did enjoy the marinated olives. The lobster cannelloni was average... cannelloni shell was undercooked, it could have been a great dish bc the filling was delicious. Kids menu of pasta only served spaghetti...(no other pasta option.)
Our waiter was awful, we had to ask a few times for bread and when they served our meal they had no idea who ordered what. I Couldn’t find him for any additional water/etc.... it was hurry up and run. I would bypass this restaurant.... it lacks management supervision, service is awful, and food was average. I make better homemade pasta at home.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Unexpectedly delicious. The breakfast sandwich is off the charts. Gelato in so many flavors- yum. Casual and fun.

Been to Caffe Prego? Share your experiences!