“Mom's Lasagna”

Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you want the best pizza north of Rhode Island go to Caffe Prego. Make sure you try the Lasagna, I was a tad impressed to say the very least. I swear my Italian Mother was out back in the kitchen cooking. The service was as impeccable as the classic Tiramisu I had for desert. What a great experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here late Sunday afternoon and it was great! It was our first time in Ogunquit and we just stumbled upon it as we walked through town. The terrace with outdoor seating was definitely a draw. Our waitress was very nice, attentive and welcoming. Since it was late afternoon (and not quite dinner), we decided to split the Caprese sandwich which was delicious.The tomatoes tasted so fresh (like the ones you'd find at a farmer's market or in your own garden) which isn't something I can say all the time. After our sandwich, we ordered some sorbetto and gelato which were both out of this world- I am still dreaming about it! Towards the end of our meal/dessert, the place started to fill up but despite the crowds, we didn't feel rushed by our waitress. I can't wait go back and try the pizza (and a few more flavors of the gelato, of course!).

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Last week, my father and I were in Ogunquit and decided to give Caffe Prego a try. A fabulous decision! From the very beginning, we both were impressed with the live music and inviting ambiance. The servers were exceptionally welcoming and attentive, without being overbearing. We began our meal with a Caprese salad that was cool, crisp, and refreshing; a perfect start to the night! At the friendly suggestion of our server, we ordered the Quattro Fomaggi pizza, an intriguing blend of artisan cheeses layered over a fresh tomato sauce and crispy brick oven-fired crust. When it came time for dessert, the choice was easy! Our server informed us of the co-owner's travels to Italy to master the art of Gelato making. Each of us ordered up a scoop of what we agreed was some of the best Gelato we had ever come across. All in all, our Caffe Prego experience was superb, and we were pleasantly surprised to find such attention to detail at a casual eatery in Ogunquit. Well done Caffe Prego, we will be returning!!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Just got done having dinner. Food was excellent. Highly recommend the spaghetti and meatball as well as the chicken parm. The only down side was the bread basket. Bland and boring. The live music was a nice treat. Go early to avoid the crowds.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you like to have lunch or dinner while listening to Italian singing, the Caffe Prego is the place you should be.
We liked the place so much last September that we were back in June.

Th pizzas and the gelati are fabulous!

Been to Caffe Prego? Share your experiences!