“So impressed by the fabulous food and service”
Review of So Zap

So Zap
Ranked #38 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We order Lobster Rangoon and it was the BEST!! The Coconut soup was the best I have ever had. The shrimp and fried rice and Lemon Chicken were also excellent.
Hope we have time to stop by here again on our way back to Boston.

5  Thank Tanya U

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Fresh, local take on Thai, I loved it. Some of the best Thai food I have had which was a very nice surprise. The wait staff was fantastic- super friendly, helpful, attentive- made for a nice experience. We almost ate here twice on our trip it was so good.

Only con was no parking.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

At first was disappointed to see Tapas on the Square was now Thai but after one meal I was hooked. Dined there three times during my stay. My one negative comment would concern the drink specials......too sweet....they can be toned quite a bit. The vegetarian choices were excellent and dessert was simple but delicious. Don't miss a chance to dine here.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We vacation in Ogunquit often, and my wife and I always get at least one dinner out by ourselves. This year we chose So Zap because it was new and we both love Thai. We were seated right away and ordered some drinks and apps. Some of their drinks are a little too sweet, which is probably the only bad thing I can say about the visit.

We had Bags of Gold and some dumplings for appetizers and they were delicious.

For our entrees, my wife had some Panang Curry and I had a special of Crispy Duck in Choo Chee curry. Both dishes were excellent and I practically licked the plate. You are able to adjust the spice level of any dish on a scale of 1-5. I love spicy food so I tried a 4. It had a great kick without a crazy burn.

I wish we had saved room for dessert because the ice creams sounded amazing.

We would definitely go again. For the amount of food we had plus the drinks, the bill was very reasonable.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I were coming home from a day in Portsmouth and were driving up Rt1 looking for a place to have dinner. We parked nearby with the intention of going to a pizza place and walked by So Zap and decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with the service and the food. I had a special, which was Crispy Salmon with Ginger Sauce, and it was excellent. Lisa had the Pad Thai and also loved it. The drinks were good too. I will keep this place in mind when in the area again.