“New Restaurant”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were away on our annual visit to Ogunquit and thought we'd try this new place.
My husband wanted Thai and I'm not a fan but thought I'd expand my palate.
Outside seating undercover, which in our case worked out great, due to a threat on
showers. He got Pad Thai with chicken and I got a few starters (like Tapas). Each came
a dipping sauce, one hot, one sweet. I really enjoyed my meal and my husband said
his was what he expected. You can also choose what level of spice/heat you want on
your food which I thought was a good idea.
Service was friendly and fast.
I recommend this new place if your looking for something a little different than
pizza/burger/fried fish.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Had dinner a few nights back. Fried wontons had virtually no filling ...just fried dough. Pad Thai was very, very average with little taste and almost no peanuts. Other dishes we ordered were just a lot of green and red peppers with a few shrimp thrown in. Unforgettable. Would not return.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had a bad experience at another place in town for drinks on Wed. night. Headed down to So Zap to eat. We had some small, tapas treats, which were very good. I then had the crab fried rice as an entrée, very yummy. Glad we tried it, and will visit it again. Guess we can say, thanks for the poor customer service at the other place in town, or maybe we wouldn't have found So Zap!

1  Thank CindyEatsOut
Reviewed July 14, 2014

So Zap has absolutely stupendous Thai food. Its location is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of Ogunquit but it's actually very close to everything. The food is well worth it! Delicious Thai food that is full of flavor and cooked to perfection. Everyone in our party of 12 had an excellent dish. And you have the option of adjusting the spice level on every dish. This is a brand new place and the waiters try very hard to please. They are friendly and explain the dishes and are quite patient, even with large parties with small children. I would wholeheartedly recommend So Zap for your next trip to Ogunquit.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a fun little place with great food and bar drinks. We were tired of seafood and were looking for something a little different; Thai food fit the bill. So Zap is a relatively new place, and because of that, there were only a few online reviews; although there weren't many reviews, the ones that were posted were uniformly good, so we thought we'd take a chance. Boy, were we glad we did. The service was excellent - our waitress was very attentive while she bantered with us. The food was prepared with high-quality ingredients and great attention to detail. The bar turned out excellent drinks for our table; when a member of our party mentioned she was interested in a particular drink but didn't like one of the ingredients, our waitress volunteered that the bar tender would gladly use something else as a substitute for that one ingredient - he did, and the drink turned out very well. This is a family-run place and everyone who works here takes great pride in their work. Go, and have a good time.