“A better choice you cannot make!”

BeachFire Bar & Grille
Ranked #25 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: BeachFire Bar and Grille is well known for its Smoked BBQ from our BeachFire Smokers and our Large Outdoor Fire Pit. We also have fantastic hand crafted cocktails, fresh seafood and great sandwiches. Enjoy 1/2 OFF Burgers on Saturdays and Sundays 11:30-3pm and Happy Hour is always Open to 6pm. See you soon!!
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The food, the service, the atmosphere and the friendly people you will meet will make for a wonderful experience at this one of a kind establishment in the heart of Ogunquit...put this one on your list for your next trip!

Reviewed May 18, 2009

This restaurant is a must in Ogunquit. The filet was so tender, you could cut it with a butter knife. The mussels are best I have tasted anywere. The service was great, a very friendly place to visit.

They have an outside fire which is very cozy and provides a wonderful interlude to dinner. I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 22, 2008

We were greeted very warmly at BeachFire and everyone was consistently very nice to us. Unfortunately, the food was so terrible that it was embarrassing.; The place looked the it would be fun--there was a fire pit out front and people were having a good time. I looked at the menu and it had a variety of items that we enjoy and the prices were what you would expect to pay for a fine meal.

We asked the waitress about the ingredients of a soup. We always do this because we do not eat meat. She told us corn, haddock and potatoes and cream. We ordered it and it arrived cold. We sent it back and they had heated it in the microwave so it was hot on the bottom and they hadn't at least stirred it. As we ate it, we found bacon in it and that almost ruined our meal. When we complained the waitress apologized, asked us if we anted a salad instead.
They didn't have to give us the salad gratis, which they didn't, but
it would have been nice under the circumstances.

The salad was expensive (8-10 dollars I don't recall) and it was
really small. For that kind of money you usually get something much bigger.

We ordered fish. The preparations were actually quite nice and
inventive; however the fish itself was so bad. It wasn't fresh, it was dry like cardboard. Terrible.

We overheard a waitress say that her sister had been the chef but had opened her own restaurant across the street and now their mother was in the kitchen.

Mother needs help--a good chef.

We had a meal for the same price the next night in a gourmet
restaurant in Wells that was spectacular. They should stop
serving the dishes their sister made, buy good ingredients,
lower their prices and become a bar with entertainment until
they figure this out.

So many good restaurants here and we got stuck with this dud.

2  Thank ChayaYehudit
Reviewed September 1, 2008

just returned from a long weekend in Ogunquit and had dinner at Beachfire, the service was excellent and food was great. Nice selection and the fire pit out front is a great way to meet people from all over the world! there was live entertainment and everyone that worked there really made you feel welcome not rushed. We will be back next time we are in ognquit.

Reviewed August 19, 2008

I recently stayed at Hampton Inn in Wells and was intrigued driving by the large firepit each evening as I headed into Ogunquit enter. During my last night in town, I decided to stop at BeachFIre and ordered a Sirloin steak...This was by far - the best meal I had in this town - the best atmosphere and the best service.

The steak was cooked exactly right and could be cut with a fork, as it was so tender. I chose a homemade Teriyaki sauce, with Mint Blooded Orange, which was out of this world. The vegetables were locally grown (green beans) and you could tell. The Shallot Mashwers were also very good.

What made the night extra special was the excellent service; Not only the great waiter that I had, but observing the rest of the staff and the manager/owner, who walked around and made everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. After dinner, I sat by the fire for 'one drink'. I ended up staying all night and talking with folks I would never had imagined meeting. Everyone at the fire that ate at this restaurant was raving about their meals as well.

By far, the best place in town; Next time I visit the area, Beachfire will be a frequent stop.