“We've enjoyed this place, twice”

BeachFire Bar & Grille
Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: BeachFire Bar and Grille is well known for its Smoked BBQ from our BeachFire Smokers and our Large Outdoor Fire Pit. We also have fantastic hand crafted cocktails, fresh seafood and great sandwiches. Enjoy 1/2 OFF Burgers on Saturdays and Sundays 11:30-3pm and Happy Hour is always Open to 6pm. See you soon!!
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Last night we had a delicious meal with excellent service at BeachFire. We were in town for the evening; we visit Ogunquit 1-2 times a year. When we were up last summer, we also ate at BeachFire, and our positive experience led us to bring friends there this visit.
Our waitress was the sister of the chef. She quickly and pleasantly provided (or acquired) answers to our questions about ingredients in the food for our guests with food issues. Perhaps that we dined early led to the prompt arrival of our food. Everything was incredibly fresh, as promised, and tasted "real". The portions were very generous! The homemade sauces are inventive, the steak and fish were cooked exactly to order. I love crabcakes, and quite enjoy theirs, which contain far more crab than breading.
I was spurred to write this review upon seeing the negative experiences of some of these other patrons. I'm a bit of a foodie, and while this place isn't outrageously creative, everyone in our party raved about the freshness and quality of what they received. (We all agreed they could use a better menu design :)

Reviewed May 5, 2008

this place is terrible. Uninventive menu, poor service, poor tasting food, everything seemingly from the freezer to the fryer to the table. If thats your thing than by all means beachfire is for you. I hated this place so much I took the time and effort to go online and write a terrible review of it.

1  Thank drbongmd
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Seven of my close girlfriends and I went away for a "Girls Only" weekend to Ogunquit. We had booked a package that included all of our dinners. On our way to dinner the first night there, we drove past the Beachfire Bar & Grill. We knew that was where we were headed on our way back from dinner...how could we resist the raging bon-fire right on the side of Route 1? We certainly don't have things like that at home! Sitting in a chairs around the fire, we met some wonderful freinds adn were attentively dealt with by a great staff. The owner was a great smiling face who certainly made us feel right at home. Although we did not get to eat here, our fellow fire sitters had the pleasure of eating at the Beachfire and said their meal was just wonderful. This place had all the atmosphere of a hometown bar..where everyone may not have known your name when you got there, but most certainly did by the time you left. We had such a great time that we made sure to return the following night to see live music in the Music Loft...the upstairs bar. Great martinis in the downstairs bar as well. I promise you will never smile more than after spending some quality time at the Beachfire Bar & Grill. We will certainly be back!

Reviewed April 19, 2008

The title says it all in regards to this restaurant. I could not have been angrier at the world. The service was unexcusably slow. There were an estimated four people in the restaurant and it took hours, yes, hours to get a SALAD! Seriously, this place was unproffessional in every aspect. I went with a party of around 20 people. The timing of our meals being served was ridiculous. Over the course of the three hour time period I was there, some dinners were served in an hour, others and hour and a half, some two hours, and by the third some people had left and others were getting their undercooked awful meals then. Also it took around 4 tries to get a simple drink order correct. The menu had a poor selection and it was unorganized. Certian things listed were unavailable at the time. The fire out front is simply a manufactured distraction for the atrocities of the food, service, and selection of the Beachfire Bar &Grille. When I complained to the owner and even distinctly confronted him with his own food showing him how undercooked the steaks were he only took off one meal from the expensive bill. Totally awful.

1  Thank janepritchard
Reviewed February 2, 2008

THE best place for food, drink and a memorable time around the firepit. These great folks will make you feel welcome. Hey, this is where the locals go and you know what that means!! Don't miss this fabulous place no matter what!!

Linda