“Best Waffle I've Had Outside of Europe”

Wild Blueberry Cafe LLC
Ranked #31 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 3, 2014

When I lived overseas I was spoiled with delicious food behind every corner, now back in the States, it can be difficult to find a place with quality equivalent to the cafes and restaurants in Germany where I spent most of my time. The Wild Blueberry, however, comes pretty darn close. I ate here on my graduation trip my mom took me on in late June. We were the first to arrive for breakfast that morning, as we had taken an early morning walk, which was smart because within 30 minutes the place was bustling with happy, hungry people. My mom ordered blueberry pancakes, and I ordered the belgian waffle with a side of blueberries. Both portions were well worth their price, as my mom and I were both content after finishing our meal. The waffle was the closest to authentic taste I have had in the States, mind you, I don't live very close to gourmet restaurants. The outer shell of the waffle was crunchy, and the inside was tender, moist and fluffy. I felt like the portion of fresh blueberries could have been more generous, and the pure maple syrup came in 1 1/2 oz jar made in California. If I'm in Maine can I at least have maple syrup from the east coast? Call me petty but c'mon. Show some New England pride.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We went this morning for breakfast and although a nice little place we were very unhappy. Our waiter...Daniel I believe was rude, arrogant and nasty. I asked for decaf tea. He brought me mint tea. I asked if they had any other decaf. He said no and then brought back two other selections..Ginger and pomagranite, neither of which I would like. My sister ordered French toast and he brought bananas foster French toast. When she said she did not order that , he argued with her and said she did! She is diabetic and would never order something that sweet. We asked for more cream and never did get that. This was just the beginning. This was the only time in my life I ever under-tipped and actually considered not tipping. The food was good, but Daniel needs to go!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Upon recommendation we headed to the Wild Blueberry for breakfast this morning. I got the Lobster Benedict - which was covered with fresh lobster and the poached eggs were cooked to perfection. The hollandais was good, but could have used a little more. My husband got the Irish Eggs Benedict. The Hash was delicious and again the poached eggs were perfect. The breakfast was very good, and little pricey. Service was good - not excellent. There were also several small children in a cramped area. I had to ask my husband to push in his chair so that I could get out of my seat. There was a small parking spot in the back and were lucky enough to be able to park. Otherwise, if you're able... walk!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I avoided this restaurant for a couple of years as we thought it was more of a breakfast spot. We decided to try it this year after reading some favorable reviews and it turned out to be the best meal of our vacation. Over the many years we have visited Ogunquit, in various seasons, we have dined at pretty much all of the well known establishments. At Wild Blueberry, each dish was delectable - a generous bowl of lobster bisque,fried prosciutto wrapped goat cheese stuffed dates, a perfectly prepared veal chop (wow!) and probably the most amazing dish of all - paella- which was a huge portion of mussels, lobster, shrimp and scallops with the tasty rice. This restaurant will be at the top of our list as long as they maintain this excellence.

1  Thank debofCT
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Best blueberry walnut pancakes! The $2 extra for the fresh blueberry topping is well worth it.
The corned beef hash is delicious and different from the ground stuff most places serve.
Good hot tea, iced tea and my husband says the coffee is very good.
Look forward to breakfast here next trip back.