“huge calzones!”

La Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Lapizzeria is centrally located in the heart of downtown Ogunquit located across the street from the Harbour Candy Store.We offer indoor and outdoor seating for our guests and on chilly nights on the patio we offer heaters.Looking forward to seeing you when you visit Lapizzeria!!!
Jaffrey, New Hampshire, United States
“huge calzones!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good pizza place that makes huge calzones. Nice outdoor balcony area overlooking the main street. Good place for people watching.

Visited September 2012

new york
“Order the chicken pesto pizza!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Wow is all I can say to describe how delicious the pesto chicken pizza was. My husband and I loved it and the waitress was very nice- great food!

Ogunquit, Maine
“Must say this is the place for great food and great service”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Loved the pizza my kids enjoyed their meal and so did i. I must commend our waitress "Jamaica me crazy". i guess she was the only black American there and she was helpful, courteous and friendly.....i would have her serve me any day. The atmosphere is charming and relaxing and definitely kid friendly.....i would recommend this restaurant any day.....see you guys next year.

• Visited September 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 hr wait no thanks”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

the reason we stopped here was every one else had 2 hr waits. stopped here ,right in the center and they were able to sit us in 5 mins So happy we decided to go there..Excellent service,host and of course food..Different pizza that were excellent and my wife had clam sause which was fantastic and she makes a good one

Visited August 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Food is great. Service was the weak link.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We've been here several times, whenever we visit relatives in town, and it's always very good food. It's a charming little pizza place with nice fresh and semi-premium ingredients (nothing ridiculously fancy, but you can get fresh garlic, prosciutto, mozerella). The atmosphere is charming, right on the main drag.

The only mild complaint is that it seems some of the wait staff are less than thrilled to work there. Our server was great. She was prompt, friendly, and accomodating. Even after we got paper towel in our lobster ceasar salad, she apologized and the manager took it right off the bill. Unfortunately, the next table over had a very different experience.

There was a quiet (french speaking) Canadian couple very close by, and th, this eir waitress, an African American woman, could not have been more rude. This couple obviously didn't know the language that well, and was a little clueless on some culteral aspects concerning the bill. Whenever they did something wrong, this waitress would exhale impatiently, run off in a flustered manner, and mutter under her breath. I felt bad for these people. The waitress even came over once and very confrontationally said to the gentleman, "what's the matter? You don't like your food." I was embarrassed for her.

Despite this disappointing experience, the restaurant is a staple, and we'll continue to go there. We just hope the managament takes a look at some of the servers' approaches to dealing with customers. For example, asking someone if they want change or not. Yes! I want my change, and then I can leave the tip without pressure. Basic things like that would move my rating up to 5 stars. Excellent service would complete the picture.

LAPIZZERIAOGT, Owner at La Pizzeria, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Lapizzeria, as we have been known for our friendly staff and excellant service to our customers.
It is apparent that we have a bad apple in the barrel and the waitress was spoken to on her behavior that evening and is no longer with Lapizzeria. This one incident was not my sole decision,it was based on a few other complaints.
Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Been to La Pizzeria? Share your experiences!