“The best Inn by the sea” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Neptune Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Neptune Inn
Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Montreal, Canada
“The best Inn by the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2008

This nice small hotel by the beach is the best!
I am going there now twice a year and everytime it's a pleasure.
The rooms are not that beautiful but they are cosy, really clean and it's is so great to look at the sea from the terrace.
Some rooms have a convenient kitchenette for your morning breakfasts.
And on top of all the people working there are always so nice.

• Liked — Proximity to the sea
  • Disliked — A tourist bus parked down in the street
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yann2002

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2007

I stayed at the Neptune this past summer. The room was very old fashioned but clean. The hotel was quiet and secure. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The great thing about this hotel is it is on the beach. You don't have to pay for parking and as soon as you walk out your door the beach is there. Down stairs in good ice cream parlor and restaurant. The restaurant you can do without there are better ones in the town but for a cheap decent meal its not bad. I would recommend staying there again just for the convenience of being so close to the beach.

• Liked — close to the beach
  • Disliked — hotel room hasn't been updated since the 70's
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alexaj83
Fairport, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2007

The Neptune Inn is a small, family owned motor inn on Ogunquit Beach. It is clean and comfortable – A friendly place where you can relax and feel at home.

I have stayed at the Neptune Inn every September for sixteen years. It is quieter then. The beach is less crowded while the weather is often quite warm. More often than not I am able to walk through the surf from one end of the beach to the other while other hearty souls continue to swim.

I love to sit on my porch to read or write on my laptop. I write books for children and I get some of my best ideas surrounded by the beauty of Ogunquit. When the weather is not conducive to sitting outside I work at a table in my room – Sometimes on illustrations for a book – Always with the ocean as a backdrop.

The people who run the Neptune Inn are terrific. There will always be someone there to help in an emergency or just help you find the kind of restaurant you have in mind. Students from Eastern European universities handle housekeeping. These young people are efficient and intelligent. They are a pleasure to have around.

I look forward to seeing old friends – Guests and Staff who return year after year. My summer would not be complete without a visit to the Neptune Inn on the beach in the heart of Ogunquit.

• Stayed September 2007
Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

MY family and I stay at the Neptune inn twice a year. It is the best place on the beach, very clean and pleasant atmosphere. They also have the best clam chowder!!! at Charlies (just below)
You will enjoy it as much as we have.

• Liked — location and food
  • Disliked — cannot go in the winter
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

My husband and i stayed at the neptune this past July,
the room was clean and smelled clean. Also we rented
a room and requested a change to the balacony if one
became available, this did happen and the staff
moved our luggage for us as not to interfere with our
plans for the day. The staff was very helpfull and
polite and we already booked our room for next year.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grandma04
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2006

Clean, priced right and on the beach! What more could you ask for? It's not a fancy place so if your looking for fancy furniture this is not the place for you. I arrived on a friday night and found the attendents pleasant, the room clean and cooled. I never sleep inside the sheets of a motel bed...........but I did here!

After arriving and putting my luggage in the room I walked downstairs and onto the beach! I sat and took in the smell of the salty ocean. It was so quiet and peaceful with the sounds of the water and the laughter of people mingleing on the beach. During the evening it was peaceful and during the day...alive with friendly beach goers.

That's right. During the day it's the place to be. It has 3 food places, 2 shops and a trolley cal-de-sac in front ready to take you into town (which is very walkable). On Sunday morning I walked into town, picked up a muffin and juice and proceeded to walk the Marginal Way. What a beautiful place! I ate my muffin sitting on a bench amongst the cliffside of the ocean.

After completeing my walk of Marginal Way I ended up in Perkins Cove where I watched the boats travel in and out of the cove. I then hopped the trolley to go back to the Neptune Inn so that I could spend the rest of the day on the beach.

There's more I could tell...........but I end my story by saying that the Neptune is a great place and I will be going back soon!

• Liked — Price, Safe, Cleanliness,Convient to Beach and Downtown Shoppes.
  • Disliked — The only thing I can think of is the shower water pressure which is expected in a large building.
  • Tips/Secrets — Go!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
11 Thank cdouglas
ridgefield, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2006

If you want to stay on the beach but do not want to spend a lot of $$$$$$ this is the place for you. It is very clean....but nothing fancy. Wood paneling on the walls, old furniture...but GREAT PRICE. I have stayed there for the last three years and will go back again this August.

• Stayed August 2005