“Great Dining”

Ranked #35 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Imagine eating a meal that offers amazing flavors in every single bite. Now imagine that same meal taking place while watching the waves of the Atlantic Ocean softly crash on the coast all in an intimate and cozy atmosphere. This is what MC Perkins Cove offers its diners every time they visit. MC Perkins Cove offers a unique upscale, yet casual atmosphere that makes for a great intimate setting for those on a date or a relaxing dinner for those visiting the Ogunquit area. Head chefs, Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier consistently serve fresh, delicious, and unique dishes that are sure to take your taste buds on a journey from first to last bite. All of the dishes are made with only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. MC Perkins Cove offers a raw bar, lounge, two bars, two beautiful dining rooms, and a private dining room all overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Dine with us at MC Perkins Cove for lunch or dinner and enjoy a meal and view that will not be quickly forgotten.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Friends suggested we go here and to make a reservation well in advance..glad we did! The view of the water was gorgeous and the food delicious! We both got fish and it was very well prepared and tasty. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. It's more fine dining than some of the other restaurants in Perkins Cove.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were in Ogunquit, ME for our son's wedding. The bride to be chose MC Perkins restaurant for the wedding dinner. When she
,her mother and her sister in law went to check on seating arrangements the manager would not accomodate their request to seat the wedding party (of 16) at one table. When questioned about this he very abruptly said to just forget it, he was just CANCELLING the reservation!!!!! This was around 11:00 the morning of the wedding!!!!! Then he proceeded to say it didn't really matter about the reservation because they always seat around 300 people anyway. Minimalizing an extremely important day! The rudeness was so hard to believe! Needless to say we were all very, very disappointed with the behavior and apathy of this person..

3  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had to try M C Perkins Cove after hearing such wonderful things. The view is lovely but for the price of the food and what I heard about it, I expected to be wowed. I was nether wowed or turned off just sort of Eh. The sauces that you can select to go with your meal were delicious.
All was ala cart -- so if you want a veggie you had to pay for it and $$$$
The deconstructed strawberry rubbard pie was chewy and not appealing..sorry.
The wait staff harried and just not attentive. Other than the sauces nothing was prepared that made me want to go back again.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We would probably have rated this better than average for the food alone. However, the bar staff was less than attentive despite a slow night due to poor weather (6 people at the bar) and seemed to be more concerned with making plans for an after hours card game than waiting on their patrons.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I felt the meals wee way overpriced and found the wait staff rude. Very different experience than last year. I used to eat here quite regularly but I would not return. I did not care for the bread and found it stale. I am not a summer tourist. I live locally so I am very unhappy with the changes in this restaurant.
This is not ARROWS.