“Thoughful food, attentive service”
Review of MC Perkins Cove

MC Perkins Cove
Ranked #35 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Imagine eating a meal that offers amazing flavors in every single bite. Now imagine that same meal taking place while watching the waves of the Atlantic Ocean softly crash on the coast all in an intimate and cozy atmosphere. This is what MC Perkins Cove offers its diners every time they visit. MC Perkins Cove offers a unique upscale, yet casual atmosphere that makes for a great intimate setting for those on a date or a relaxing dinner for those visiting the Ogunquit area. Head chefs, Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier consistently serve fresh, delicious, and unique dishes that are sure to take your taste buds on a journey from first to last bite. All of the dishes are made with only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. MC Perkins Cove offers a raw bar, lounge, two bars, two beautiful dining rooms, and a private dining room all overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Dine with us at MC Perkins Cove for lunch or dinner and enjoy a meal and view that will not be quickly forgotten.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ate at MC's upon the recommendation of our innkeepers over at Yardarm Inn. We made 8:30pm reservations for our anniversary dinner, and were treated by a panoramic view of the setting sun over the ocean out of MC's large plate glass windows. WOW! The nightly special, pork schnitzel and basil spätzle with mixed steamed greens, was tasty. My wife, a fluent German speaker, and I were delighted with the happenstance of being served by another German speaker! They spoke German for most of the meal when he came by to check on us, while we eating the German-inspired dish in front of us. We enjoyed before dinner cocktails, split a bottle of wine, each got the special, and shared dessert all for around $170ish with tip. For the view we got to enjoy for our anniversary, I would have gladly paid twice that price for the view! The food was fresh and correctly prepared, the service was spot-on, and the ambiance was apropos for the occasion. MC's flagship restaurant, Arrows, is nearby, but is significantly more expensive. This was an excellent deal for the money.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been coming to M C Perkins over 7 years now and usually have a great dinner. I also look forward to the lobster Mac n Cheese. This last visit I was surprised at how small it looked and at a whopping $32, I felt cheated. They didn't even add the lobster claws on top like they have in the past. It should have a full 1-1 1/4lb lobster in it at that price.
I was also very surprised at the dessert we ordered called "Devils Food Cake with expresso cream and raspberry coulis" I just assumed I was getting a nice slice of chocolate cake w maybe a dollop of cream over a puddle or streaks of raspberry sauce . This is not "my first rodeo" at these places and their gourmet desserts, but come on!!! What I got was a sliced half of a dry whoopie pie with way too much of this bland cream in between the layers along with a measely 4 drops of the raspberry "coulis" . Don't get me wrong, It looked gorgeous on the plate, I even took a photo of it ( see attached pic with the beautiful background)
I make a better dessert at home called "molten lava cake w raspberry sauce." It's a great combo wtih the raspberry and cream or icecream , but this was not worth the $9.50. I just wish it tasted as good as it looked. I ate two bites and refused to finish it , which never happens... I always finish dessert. I did tell the waitress how we felt and she was kind enough to take it off the bill . I will probably hold off on ordering dessert next time.

2  Thank bellazucca
Reviewed June 4, 2013

As walk-ins on a drizzly Saturday night, Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I were seated by a side window and thrilled with the amazing view of the waves crashing against the beach rocks. Service was attentive and possibly eastern European(?) (foreign help is a necessity everywhere these days in tourist areas due to the apparently unresolvable US college class scheduling issue). The decor was lovely - with copper topped tables and interesting table settings. Sadly though, our $37 filets mignons, though cooked perfectly to our (medium) specs, were simply too tough to enjoy. We both ordered a "sauce" to accompany them; for my husband, a tarragon/soy vinaigrette, I think it was, and for me, the mustard/ thyme compound butter - necessary, it turned out, not so much for the steak - as for the dry potato pancake we ordered from the list of included "carbs". The "pancake" really was more of a potato galette, with the potato thinly sliced and layered, not shredded, and lacking egg and onion if it really wanted to called a potato pancake. Also salt and pepper by the way; I'm a huge fan of salt and pepper. A side veggie would have added some much needed color to the plate, and texture and flavor to the meal, but they were $8 each and enough is enough. They better work on the food quality to price ratio here because the rest is a hit.

1  Thank toppazz
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food here is outstanding. Nestled in Perkins Cove right on the ocean, the views during the day are amazing. The restaurant itself has an understated, casual feeling that draws your attention to the beauty of the sea. Typically, the menu is fairly pricey (still worth it), but if you're in the area on a Wednesday night during the off season, stop in for the Date Night Special! 3 courses and a bottle of wine for only $52, and it's all gourmet with impeccable service. I will always love coming here.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I found ourselves without the children for a few hours and had an amazing time exploring Perkins Cove. Among the highlights were the calamari and the blueberry vodka lemonade at MC Perkins Cove! What a lovy afternoon we had with delicious drinks and good. We hadn't visited in 8 years...and we're surprised by the upstairs area with bar and private room available. We will be back for sure....and next time you'll find us taking full advantage of the view from the second story!