“Policies”

Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Montreal, Canada
“Policies”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I spent one night at this Motel and have no complaints whatever about the room or anything reflecting my stay except for the policies that this place holds steadfast even in the off season quiet periods...I walked in last night and booked a room for the evening and once I was set in our room I realized it was a AAA approved resort and called the front desk to see if there was a discount...She told me that the AAA discount is already in the price I paid because it is set up that way..Firsthand whenever I book a place and show my card is when I get the additional discount. When does any establishment automatically throw in an AAA discount across the board to anyone without seeing their member card? Also the morning after as I had found online on their site a series of specials where any walk ins on the weekend would get their room for $79...Well I asked at the desk saying that we stayed last night and would like to get this deal she said that it did not apply as it was for walk ins only..Well from what I remember I walked in last night and did not phone so it applied to us...I then said that if I checked out and then came in 10 minutes later, I surely would be eligible for that rate as I clearly read it...She also said it was not possible...Well what is the reason for offering specials? It is to attract some people in the off season, but in this case I met all the criteria and was told I could not get it and for that reason I am really fed up once again with policies that do not mean what is written...I will end it here and write to AAA about what they stand for and, in the meantime we are not talking about thousands of dollars but a simple discount of $5. or so and it is not at all about the money but the fact that tourists get nailed as much as other people can get away with...

Room Tip: Continental breakfast was alright as far as good for the digestion because there was no where to sit...
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Akapol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Vernon, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This motel is an excellent place to stay. I loved how they had a big pool and hot tub, although there is so much to do you might not have time for it. The room is very spacious and was spottless. It was such a good value for your money

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brie V
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you Brie V! Hopefully you come back and stay with us again soon.
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went to visit a friend in Ogunquit and stayed at the Ogunquit Resort Motel. They had a special for $64 a night which was hard to resist. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a King suite with fireplace and jacuzzi. The facility is spotless and Katie is a doll.We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dibby01
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back!
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stopped here by chance and were very pleased with the motel. The room was comfortable and clean and very reasonably priced. The price included a good continental breakfast. Although we were out of the main holiday season, we still received a positive welcome.

2 Thank WBT
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your review WBT! We were happy to have you stay with us while visiting. Maybe we'll get to see you again some day.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay in Ogunquit. We called at the last minute and they were very accomodating, even blocking the next night for us in case we wanted to stay a second night. Exceptionally clean, great breakfast, reasonably priced,
couldn't ask for more. Would definately recomment this motel.

1 Thank Sharon G
Thank you for your review Sharon G. I'm glad you had a comfortable stay, and hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Really neat and clean place to relax at. Off season rate made this a great deal ! After a short workout in the gym, had a great breakfast of oatmeal, yogurt, muffins coffee, juice, fruit, etc. Anxious to return.

Room Tip: When you ask for the walk-in or coupon discount, you won't get prime location or view.
1 Thank edrozz
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your stay edrozz. We're anxious to have you back! See you soon.
London, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We passed through Ogunquit on our way to the mid-coast of Maine in late September. We did a walk-in and were pleasantly surprised by the price. We had a room with a king bed and jacuzzi for $99 + taxes. This included a continental breakfast which was quite adequate to start the day. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the room was spaciaous. It also had an electric fireplace though we did not need it at this time of year. The staff were very pleasnt on the desk and at the breakfast room. Definitely give it a try if you are in the area--good quality for the price. Also lovely pool and hot tub if you are so inclined.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachglassgoddess
Thank you for your review beachglassgoddess! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay with us. We'll look forward to your next visit.