“GREAT WEEKEND R&R”

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
vermont
“GREAT WEEKEND R&R”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

took the weekend to get away, download, read and get some fresh ocean air. the resort was very clean, convenient and central. front desk personel friendly. room was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ernurse41
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
So glad that you had a nice relaxing weekend with us here in beautiful Ogunquit. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lowell MA
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My spouse and I just returned from a first time stay at the Ogunquit Resort Motel. Our normal Inn wasn't open yet for the year and a need for a quick weekend getaway was in order and after reading the reviews and emailing questions we chose this estabilishment because of the positive reviews..

When booking I had requested the "Save by the Sea Getaway." This included 2 Continental Breakfasts, a $30 gift certificate to a local restaurant ( we picked Maniax) and a late checkout of 1 pm. The room I had requested was one with both a balcony and a fireplace thinking that it would be a neat thing to have a room like this.

When we checked in we were given the room key, when upon entering we discovered a chaise lounge chair, a window overlooking a maintaince yard and the balcony..... no fireplace.... Upon calling the front desk they moved us to another room,(Rm 215) which at this point I was appreciative of. When I changed keys they told me the room I had originally had requested hadn't been "opened" up yet hence the first room they tried to place us in was their choice without explaining it when I gave them my credit card. I don't trust estabilishments that don't really come out with the truth.. .

My spouce is hearing impaired. Which basically means that the use of CCTV was a necessity. What I didn't find thrilling was to continuously have to fight with the TV to get the CCTV to work and after speaking with the staff and they provided the "right" code it still didn't work. My suggestion would be to work with the local cable company (Time Warner) and have the CCTV set up thru their box this way there is no frustration. I read previously that there had been minor issues with the Wi-Fi service we had sporadic service and even if able to connect my Netbook WiFi advised it was "limited service."... Thank God for Androids. I know there is the access to the internet in the lobby but I am leary of using public computers like that as for people to see what was looked at by the last person using the computer.

I will give great kudos to some of the staff: first being the houskeeper who did a great job with our room and to "some" of the desk staff... I must add this bit of input though... Please instruct your lobby staff when the guest mentions that they will be going to a favorite restaurant in Wells ME to keep their opinions to themselves. I was totally turned off by what the one girl said in regards to the BullnClaw which I think is a nice restaurant.

Would I stay here again?? If there were no other places available between Kittery and Kennebunk sure I would. Would I hope that the owners listen to the needs of their guests espically those with special needs??? I would hope they tune in better to that. Not once did the manager reach out to me to see if my issues were dealt with and that bugged me alot.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the room thoroughly prior to bringing in all the luggage. Make sure your needs a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CMac00068
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for your review, and for the compliments to the staff. I apologize for not speaking with you during your stay, but I was not informed of any problem. Sections of our hotel are closed for the winter months and we open them as weather permits. The room that you were moved to that day was indeed just opened and it would not have been available to reserve until that day. Unfortunately Time Warner does not make user-friendly hotel remotes. I have tried for years to get a easy remote, but they are just not available. I wish I could say that would change in the near future, but Time Warner does not have a estimate on that yet.
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Off season bargain...included movie tickets and a dinner voucher. The room was extra big and lovely, very comfy beds. Great staff, plentiful continental breakfast....we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maxnana
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is a great place for family vacation a great locale affordable and very clean. it is located very close to footbridge beach. This hotel has one of the best pools and hot tubs in this area.
Two great restraints are the Steakhouse in Wells and The Fishermans Catch in Wells.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for your review, and I'm glad you had a great getaway. The Steakhouse and Fisherman's Catch are a few of our favorites here as well! Hope to see you again soon.
Dudley, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend (President's Day weekend) and was very pleased with the accommodations and the location. the room we had was very clean and bright. people at the desk were friendly and courteous. we had a basic room as the rooms with hot tubs and fire places were sold out but even the basic room was large

The continental breakfast was ok but for the price we paid for the room, we had no complaints whatsoever and on went up to the World Famous Maine Diner just up the road a piece in Wells on our first day there and had a yummy breakfast!

The Maine area is a very good place to visit in the off seasons or any season for that matter and prefer it over the Cape or Newport, R.I. where we frequently go.

I would highly recommend this motel for business, couples or families and would most DEFINITELY stay there again on our next trip up to Maine.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Banditoman59
Thank you so much for your review, and the compliments to the staff and cleanliness of the room. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Maine.
Connecticut
Reviewed December 7, 2011

This property had been recommended to me, by a friend, over 7 years ago. This was the first chance my wife and I had to go there, we are campers in the peak season and rarely travel north at this time of year. For the first time, in a long time, I found myself thinking about dumping my camper and going back to hotels and motels.

We rented one of the one bedroom suites. It was HUGE! The layout drawings on the website do not do it justice. It has a spacious kitchen (more on that later) with a large counter with stools. The bathroom was large and the tub was big enough for two. The sink and counter was big enough to spread out your toiletries and feel at home. The king sized bed was very comfortable and plenty of extra blankets and pillows are provided. The room was clean when we got there and housekeeping came by, every day to tidy up and drop off more towels and supplies.

The property is located right next door to a good pub-type restaurant that werves excellent food and drinks. It makes for a great, late night stop for a night cap, without having to worry about transportation.

Now for the downsides, which are minor:
1. Why do hotels insist on having huge tubs and tiny showers. While this makes for a great fantasy for intimacy, in reality, the larger shower would work out better
2. The electric fireplace did throw off a lot of heat, but it didn't throw off much light or ambiance. I am keeping in mind that it is electric. There are much better models on thee market that look much more realistic.
3. The breakfast needs to be taken up a notch. There are better quality items (bagels, breads, cereals, etc....) that could be provided.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wawwie
Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My partner and I chose the Ogunquit Resort Motel after reading through the reviews and Trip Advisor contributors did not let us down! The motel was extremely clean, the room large with fireplace and jacuzzi tub as promised. The little fridge in the bathroom ( find of a funny place for a fridge but it worked out very well! ) was quite useful as, after carefully reading reviews, we checked in with breakfast items. It is true that the complimentary breakfast is not very inspiring but certainly good enough for those who just want to fuel up before going out for the day! The breakfast room has the look and feel of a church basement and we preferred the coziness of our room. The trolley bus worked out well except for the fact that it rained pretty much the whole week-end we were there, and as we did not relish standing in the rain we only took the little bus twice. The one place people staying at this motel MUST try if the Post Road Tavern; it is situated right next door and serves up ample portions of surprisingly good food plus the choice of beers on tap was impressive!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends