“wow the size of the room”
Review of Terrace by the Sea

and 1 more site!
Terrace by the Sea
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed June 10, 2010

was up in Ogunquit for the holiday weekend cause the weather had changed. and my friends had begged me to stay over night. i was walking up the road to start my hunt ofr a room. and i had seen the Terrace going threw the remodle and figured i take a chance. well i had a King size room OMG the bed was the best sleep i had. the room size was the biggest room i have every had. the value of the room was well worth it. and the location .... just as good. and really loved the pool which was a great welcome home after being on the beach. i will put this on one of my places to stay......

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Terrace by the Sea

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Went with my sister for the Memorial Day weekend. The room was huge!!!. I have to say the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on. Hotel was very close to the beach, Marginal Way, and the shops and restaurant s. The only complaint I have was there was no coffee maker in the room for nighttime tea. Overall review was I was very happy with the room and the hotel. I would stay there again in a minute...

Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This is a very pretty place with wonderful oceanfront views. I loved the breakfast outside on the wrap around porch with the ocean just steps away. I always like to find two sinks in the bathrooms so more than one person can get ready and this place has them. One in the large bathroom and one outside near the refrigerator.
We did not stay in the main inn, we stayed in an adjacent building hotel loft room #134. It was magnificent and had a wonderful view of the ocean and the sunrise! Get up before 5:30am and yes you will see the sunrise! I sure wished there was a computer for guests to use in the lobby and a coffee maker in the room or available so I did not have to go to the main inn to get coffee or tea before continental breakfast was served.
This is a place where you can walk to everything...beach, shopping, restaurants and the trolley stop. I rode the trolley all around Ogunquit and Wells and had a great time!
You have to try this hotel once in your lifetime!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Decided at the last second to take the family up to Ogunquit. I was concerned that I was able to actually get a room within 24 hours of Memorial Day weekend. We truly lucked out by finding Terrace by the Sea. You can't get a better location right off the main street and right next to the beach. We did not spend a lot of time on the grounds but they looked nice. Decent heated pool, chairs overlooking the water etc. The people were friendly, service was excellent. The free continental breakfast was a nice touch.

We stayed in one of the motel rooms away from the main house. It was clean, beds were comfortable and it was quiet. I brought my kids but similar to what another reviewer mentioned, we didn't see other children.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pmoran6
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed in October- Columbus Day weekend which was crazy busy in Ogunquit. I was part of a small group traveling to see Fall Foliage. We had to find our room in the dark which luckily a good map was left for us on the front door... comfortable beds, clean room, bathroom was modern and we found plenty of plug-ins!! In the morning the best part was how close we were to an amazing beach !! And if we had known we probably would have grabbed breakfast too but we were up at the crack of dawn to go photograph! The downside was our room was upstairs and with all our gear it was a drag.. plus the people below probably hated us for all the noise we made trying to get in. Overall I would stay again but request a room on lower level.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We were in Room 212 in the newly renovated building in the back - the entrance is on Beach Street. The room is brand new, clean and spotless. The location is the best you can get within walking distance to the beach, town, and the Marginal Way. The breakfast is great and served from 7 am to 10:30 am and you can enjoy it outside on the terrace or inside.

The lounge chairs on the terrace are a wonderful way to spend a few peaceful hours each day overlooking the ocean.

We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Ogunquit.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

My wife and I have spent many great weekends at the Terrace by the Sea. We knew the original owners and were a little worried when it was sold but the new owners are great. Their spring and fall weekend with dinner is the best thing we feel they have and we will recommend Clay Hill Farms as your choise for dinner.

Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple