“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #42 of 102 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stumbled across this little jewel and so happy we did. It's a little pricey but well worth it. The hamburgers are the best I've ever had as they have the most delish buns ( I believe they make their own bread daily). The haddock sandwich is fried so lite you would never believe it was fried. I normally stay away from fried but not when I'm at the Cove. They always offer a piece of homemade fudge when you walk in the door, they also have salads of all types, ice cream and the best yet.....make your own sundaes. You can even enjoy the fire pit at night while enjoying your fabulous dinner/dessert. This place is a must!

3  Thank Elaine M

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The food (fried clams and clam chowder) were good, but for $33 just for those two items we would have expected a meal that rocked our world and leaving me craving to return.

Being right on the main street, you're certainly going to see alot of foot and vehicle traffic so don't expect a quiet meal if sitting on the porch. However if you're a people watcher...this is the ideal place to go.

Service was fine...everyone was nice...just not thrilled with the cost.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in with a recommendation from the trolley driver. I had the lobster salad and my boyfriend the lobster roll. Both delicious and hearty portions. A little bite of fudge sample was just the amount of sweetness we needed for dessert and the wait staff was extremely friendly. A bit pricey at $40 for two people for lunch but for the amount if lobster we had it was worth it.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I wanted an ice cream, as I continually saw people walking around with one and it was a nice hot sunny day. I realized I didn't have any cash on me. I was on vacation, didn't want to drive to a bank and pay an ATM fee (I was on vacation), so I thought someone must take a debit card. Ben & Jerry's didn't, so I went across the street to Rose Cove. Very friendly gal behind counter said, "Sure, we take debit cards", and then led me over to the ice cream. She was very gracious about telling me the flavors (they all looked great, none were labeled, must be frustrating for them to have to keep telling customers all the flavors.) I opted for the mint oreo cookie...yummy. I noticed they also have a buffet bar with toppings, candy, sauces, etc to make your own sundaes. Only place I know in Ogunquit where you can make your own! I didn't get a sundae, I wanted to, but felt guilty enough with my large dish. I sat outside in a comfy adirondack chair and watched people going through town. Nice place to relax too:)

2  Thank Chris D
Reviewed June 10, 2014

So we bypassed the Cornerstone because we didn't want pizza (you can get pizza anywhere we thought)--we wanted a Maine lunch. My husband ordered the lobster bisque. The worst excuse for lobster bisque in our experience. So paste-like in thickness and tasting strongly of Old Bay and cayenne without any heat or seafood flavor. The fried haddock dinner was fine, but the tartar sauce was grossly sweet. So sorry to waste our money again.

3  Thank mchollander