“Great food, good value and friendly service”
Review of Rose Cove Cafe

Rose Cove Cafe
Ranked #45 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We ate at Rose Cove after a bad experience at Barnacle Billy's the night before and it restored our confidence in Ogunquit's restaurant scene. The young girls working there were extremely friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and great value compared to BBs. My husband had the lobster roll, which had plenty of lobster and came on a wonderfully fresh roll. I had the lobster sautee (almost too much lobster), which came with a lovely green salad full of blueberries and raspberries, and a homemade roll. My son had a burger which was also very tasty. We ate on the lovely flower bordered patio and watched the action on the street. We enjoyed it so much we went back to next night too for our last dinner in Ogunquit. We look forward t eating there again on our next trip.

1  Thank Beech_Ave_Mum
There are newer reviews for Rose Cove Cafe

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wow, on our most recent trip to Ogunquit, this place became our favorite restaurant in Ogunquit. The menu is short and focused, and everything we tried was good, including my favorite lobster roll in quite a while. It comes on a fresh-baked bulkie roll instead of a hot dog bun, but I liked it better that way. The hubby's fish and chips were light and fresh and crispy. Reading some of the previous reviews, it seems like I was at a different restaurant....

The ice cream bar seemed like a good value -- my son liked it very much. I can't say enough about the atmosphere also. Jack Johnson on the stereo (but not too loud), the beautiful mandevilla surrounding the deck, the noise and activity from Ogunquit center right outside, the spacious air-conditioned dining room when it is too hot to eat outside.... I loved it all.

1  Thank nopoodles
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I go to Rose Cove quite a bit, and I always have a really good meal. Usually I get the Haddock sandwich, or the Lobster roll on freshly baked bread, and my boy usually gets the chicken nuggets, or the grilled cheese.He loves the fries, but he especially loves the Sundae bar, he gets all kinds of crazy stuff on his ice cream, does he really need the gummy bears, and the peanut butter sauce?
It is such a great location, the patio overlooks one of the coolest spots on the planet, downtown Ogunquit! With all the hustle and bustle of rt1, and the Ocean off in the distance, it really is a fun spot.

1  Thank lawrence d
Reviewed August 23, 2012

After a wonderful day on the beach in Ogunquit, my sister and I stopped in to just see the menu and ended up staying for one of the best meals I've ever had of fresh fish and chips and cole slaw. Everything was delicious and light, not heavy on the grease like other places. The fudge was excellent too. The owner and the servers were extremely friendly and the food was great. It was the perfect end to our day in Maine. They're also dog friendly. I can't wait to go back next time I visit from California!

1  Thank H K
Reviewed August 21, 2012

When we first saw this restaurant from across the street, I assumed the beautiful flowers were silk or plastic - but when we actually went in, we realized they were the real thing. It was lovely to sit out on the terrace surrounded by so many beautiful flowers. (You can also eat inside in the air conditioning.) You order inside, and the friendly staff delivers your oder to you table. They make their own delicious breads and rolls. We ordered the Jumbo Lobster Roll and Fried Scallop Plate and were very satisfied with the food, both quality and quantity. The very calm, relaxed resident dog keeps the kids dining there entertained and was a nice addition. Great place for people watching and watching the non-stop traffic go by.

1  Thank Carol B