We stayed here as part of a long weekend trip. The weather was unusually cold with difficult and miserable driving conditions-- we arrived in the dark accompanied by icy rain and snow. This was a bit amusing/ironic since we were staying at a motel with beach access! But, after all, it was Maine!!! The receptionist was very pleasant and boy were we surprised to discover that Hotels.com had somehow messed up on the reservation we'd made through them the day before! The receptionist said not to worry, she would sort it out, and she did. This will make me think twice about using Hotels.com, though; suppose it had been a hotel in Europe--and a language we did not speak?
We were cold to the bone, but it did not take long for the heater in the room to warm the place up. I had deja vu with the room--its size and configuration made me recall that we'd probably stayed here years ago, but that the walls had been brown paneling at the time, and the curtains and rug brown too, perhaps. This time, though, the walls were painted a fresh light blue color with a bright print for the drapes and bedspreads. Someone had put some time into refurbishing the space. We were comfortable and slept well, and were also happy to have a little fridge with a freezer compartment so we could store the frozen lobster meat we were taking home with us. There was a microwave, too. The room seemed clean and bright. My only suggestion would be for some kind of water temperature regulator to be installed in the shower, as the water quickly shifted from comfortable to very hot and then to cold, evidently when the other guests used water at the same time. Speaking of the other guests, we did wake up to the sound of the neighbor's loud TV early in the morning, and also to his/her heavy tread upstairs. This is a matter of good guest manners, though, and was not the owner's fault.
The next morning we walked across the street to the Footbridge deli recommended by the receptionist. The coffee was great, but the breakfast just ok and a bit pricey for what we got. Loved the painted walls, though, as it reminded us of Key West and made us feel as though we were in a large aquarium! It was about a 10 minute walk to the beach, and though it was a little chilly, the sun was brilliant and we had a nice two mile walk. Because of the foul weather the day before, the waves were really high and impressive to watch.
The hotel was comfortable and certainly a good value for a rather pricey area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the famed Footbridge Beach, the Footbridge Beach Motel offers well appointed accommodations in the town of Ogunquit, Maine. Nestled in the midst of beautifully maintained grounds and gardens, the motel features a heated outdoor pool and sun deck as well as an outdoor picnic and grilling area; the perfect place to relax and enjoy the company of your loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Footbridge Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Footbridge Beach Hotel Ogunquit
- Footbridge Beach Ogunquit
- Footbridge Beach Motel Ogunquit, Maine