“good location to footbridge beach”

Footbridge Beach Motel
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Woodstock NY
“good location to footbridge beach”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Ive stayed at the Footbridge motel in june for the past 5 yrs. yes, the rooms are small and its no frills......but I dont spend the day in the room.......I explore the beautiful state of maine....its clean, I like that it has a fridge and microwave.....on the trolley stop, and Ive walked to ogunquit beach many times....their parking lot however isnt a good one.....doesnt seen like enough spaces.....

I never had a problem with Joanne, and dealt with her directly. There are new owners now, who seemed very nice when I stayed there last june......I plan on staying there in the future......

Stayed June 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wilton, Ny
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Drove by and checked it out. The kind lady had a room. I loved being within walking distance to a quiet clean beach. We had a pleasant stay.

Stayed June 2005
thetjd, Owner at Footbridge Beach Motel, responded to this review, February 23, 2008
My wife and I have just purchased this hotel in the middle of the summer season of 2007. We have many plans for this beautiful motel. We have already fixed quite a few things, and we have changed two units into great suites. The location is unbeatable. We are the closest motel to Boston Magazines rated #1 beach in New England, Footbridge Beach. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to walk there, you must be on crutches! We are located just outside of the turmoil of downtown Ogunquit, in the up and coming "Footbridge Village" area. We have several great restaurants very close to the property and a Trolley stop to whisk you away to downtown, Perkins Cove, Kennebunkport etc. We are very excited about this place. Come and stay here. You will not be disappointed.
Winooski, Vermont
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I just want to start off this review that I paid $73 a night over Memorial Day and they allowed me to bring my dog. So they are pet friendly which was all I was looking for. The rooms are decorated to the 70's with bright polyester everywhere. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. They provide a microwave and little fridge. Now we didn't spend much time in the room, so it fit us for the 2 nights we were there. We stayed in room #1. Which is not the greatest since you are so close to the road. We just put the air conditioner on and it seemed to drown out a lot of the noise, but you did hear the traffic. They have done some nice renovations to the bathroom, which are up to date and pleasant. They don't provide any soap or shampoo so bring your own. They claim that they are a 3 minute walk to the Footbridge beach. That is a farce. It's more like a 10 minute walk to the bridge and a 3 minute walk over the bridge to the beach. You could drive to the beach in 3 minutes but not walk or run. The parking at the beach is $15 a day and they have a small snack stand there. The beach is really clean, no seaweed or trash. The water wasn't bad, but it's the Atlantic so expect it be cold year around. You can't take your dog on the Footbridge beach, but you can at the Short Sands in York. We ate at the Beach Grill which is right next door to the Footbridge. It's a little pricey, but good food. We also ate at the Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, which was also pretty good. Lobster is pricey but that isn't anything new. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greentown
Reviewed September 1, 2006

Saw the website, and called up and booked a 2 night stay. When we got our room on the 2nd level, found out you had to bend down or else rap your head going to rooms 15/16. I would think this is very poor design. Room definitely overpriced for a room with A/C that couldn't cool the place down, Step up into the bathroom (stubbed toe at night in the dark) and bathroom ceramic tiles loose and kept popping out. Feel I trusted the pics but got another place. Even 14 yr old said pool didn't look like in the pic. Close to footbridge but not a 3 min walk like advertised.
And since bridge is public, couldn't have stayed at any motel/hotel and use it and the beach there.

Stayed August 2006
Rotterdam, NY
Reviewed July 30, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day stay at the Footbridge Beach Motel. There were some pros and cons. It is conveniently located near Footbridge Beach, however the website is deceiving. The description makes it sound like you just walk out of your room, over the footbridge, and there's the beach! In reality, it's a little over a 1/4 mile walk down the road, then the footbridge, then the beach. So it's more like a 5 or 6 minute walk rather than 3. Still very convenient, just not what we had expected. The rooms were clean but definitely nothing fancy. Certain things could stand to be updated. The pool is well kept and there are plenty of lounge chairs in the surrouding area. The picnic area is nice as well. There are 3 large gas grills for guest use along with patio tables and chairs so that you can eat right outside. The one frustrating aspect of our stay involved changing rooms. We requested a room with a King bed when we booked, and were told that for the first night of our stay they only had a room with 2 double beds, but that we could switch to a King room for the remaining two nights. When we checked in we asked how the switch would work and were assured that they would make it very convenient for us. The following morning we headed out for the beach around 9. Before leaving we packed up everything from our room and stored it in our car. We stopped by the front desk to turn in our key and let the innkeeper know that we would be back around noon and she assured us that our new room would be ready by then. We returned from the beach at 12:15 only to find that our room wasn't ready yet. We were a bit disappointed but fortunately we were already in our bathing suits and just spent the next half hour in the pool waiting for our room to be finished. All in all we really enjoyed our stay. It's a very simple place and one of the cheapest in the area. As other people have said - if you're just looking for a convenient, clean place to stay then this is the place for you.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Katiekooap
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 8, 2006

My husband and I are from brooklyn, New York. I had shoulder and wrist surgery in May and beginning of june. I needed to get away, so we decided to travel to Maine and stay in the Footbridge Motel. I thought I could make the long journey, which took 12hrs driving because of bad weather and getting lost, but I was wrong. We arrived very late and after all the driving my I was in terrible pain and very uncomfortable. We stayed the night of the 23rd but I had to sit up in the chair all night. I had complicated surgery on my shoulder because I was hit by an automatic door in the operating room where I am a nurse and it did alot of damage. Not feeling well at all my husband and I decided to go home because i felt I needed to see my surgeon. Our stay was supposed to be from the June 23rd to the 28th. The next morning we went to see the manager and I explained the situation to her because I could not use my right arm. She abrutly told us that "your problem can't become my problem" and charged us for the entire stay. We are hard working people and this vacation came very dear to us. We did not expect to have to come back as quickly as we did emergencies do happen. As for the managers statement, it came as a shock to me that someone from Maine could make such an uncaring statement or charge us for an emergency that was unavoidable. I am a nurse 36years and many peoples problems have become my problems because of the nature of what I do. so be warned fellow traveler do not have any emergencies while you stay at the footbridge motel because you will also pay dearly for them. We have stayed at the footbridge before and I did not expect this response at all. In spite of being charged we did go home the next day and have been charged for a full stay. I reccommend finding someplace that the manager has more compassion than the one at the footbridge, I know we will not be returning again.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa
Reviewed September 6, 2005

I recently stayed at the Footbridge Motel and found it very clean, quiet and comfortable. The location of this establishment is great for a quiet place to hang your hat it that it is slightly off the beaten path away from all the traffic of the touristy downtown area. It is very convenient to the beach. Each morning I walked up the beach along with others who are early risers and had a leisurely breakfast. In the evening I sat out on the balcony and enjoyed conversation with other guests. The owner, Joanne, welcomed me and made me feel at home. I plan to stay here again.

4 Thank SandyHill