“Brilliant place - a real gem”
Review of Studio East Motel

Studio East Motel
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We stayed in the fireplace suite - it was super clean and quiet. I can't believe the quality of the room and the price we got - staying off season - it was a really good deal.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the restaurants in the area are excellent - namely the East chinese restaurant, The Steakhouse and the tavern across the road.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaisinNZ

Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed 8 nights at the Studio East motel. This was our second time staying with them. Very, very friendly service, from reservation emails right through to check in. The accomodations are clean, simple and adequate. The Studio East will not win any design awards and could perhaps use a freshening up of decor ....but at these rates, you get what you paid for. The location cannot be beat, a short stroll to the beach, directly next to the town center (don't miss the excellent sushi at Black Sushi next door).

MInor negatives: Free wi-fi was spotty (sometimes we had to walk out to the balcony) and the hotel could really use a pool.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank genevieve1976
Reviewed October 16, 2010

When we stumbled across Ogunquit we were just passing through. We were getting tired from a long drive & decided to find a room. The man who greeted us was very friendly & informative. The rate was only $59, & the hotel was neat & clean. To our surprise, we were a 4 min. walk from the beach & the town was absolutely wonderful! We can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We needed a place to stay in/near Ogunquit and after reading various reviews here, found Studio East. A quick call said they had rooms available and they were only $59 per night in off-season, October. Room was spacious, had a microwave and fridge. Nice king bed and a couple of "table chairs". The recliner type chairs needed some help, pretty deep sink holes in them, there aren't a lot of outlets, and no coffee maker in room. For $59, we could live with these slight issues. There was also plenty of ice available near the lobby for a small cooler.

Mornings they serve coffee and tea in the office. It's brewed Folgers, so better than powder coffee like the last place we stayed. For this price, we'd easily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I found this quaint little motel two years ago. We would periodically receive postcards with updates. After traveling thoughout most of New England for five days, we made our way down to Ogunquit since it was only an hour or so from the airport in Manchester. We had no reservation and had paid anywhere from $80/night upwards to $195 in our previous 4 nights in other hotels.

Upon arriving in Ogunquit, there were several hotels advertising rates and we decided to try our luck to see if Studio East had availability. Luckily they had a room. The manager on duty (Vicki) said that a room with a king size bed would not be available for several hours. My husband explained that we really enjoyed our stay several years ago and that is when Vicki went over and above what I considered to be exceptional customer service. She told my husband that she had a room with a king size bed, "if we didn't mind being in the front building". Didn't mind? What a room it was indeed. This room was the most quaint, comfy, cozy well appointed "motel" room I have ever seen. The room had "living room furniture and bedroom furniture". Two beautiful swivel chairs to watch tv, a small table with comfortable chairs to eat a snack, a gorgeous old fashioned head board with Williamsburg furniture ---- oh yeah, there was a small kitchette with real glasses and cutlery along with a fridge, microwave and hot plate. The bathroom was spotless and the location of the room had a balcony and windows on two sides of the room. This room was more like a small apartment, only much nicer.

Just when you thought it couldn't get better -- you guessed it, it was $59. Yup, $59. The next time I go back to Studio East Motel in Ogunquit (right in the heart of shopping and dining) I will also be bringing my little Yorkie too. Yup, it's a pet friendly motel.

Just a little bit of heaven

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelnuts97
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My friend and I needed a place to crash in Ogunquit after a night out. Within a few minutes of sifting through a search for lodging near the center of town, I came across the Studio East Motel on Main Street. After sifting through the Motel's fairly thorough and informative website, as well as reading some reviews on the facility here on tripadviser, I called to book a reservation. Both over the phone and in person, I dealt with Vicky. She was so very down to earth, friendly and helpful; made me feel like I was the only guest, even though they turned out to be completely booked that night. Although I prefer to be able to book online, the lack of this feature is understandable with a smaller motel such as this, and the booking process over the phone was quick and hassle free. A minor downside concerning the reservation process was their strict cancellation policy. I would not have been able to cancel the reservation inside of a few days (can't recall the exact number of days) without incurring the full cost of the room. On the other hand, I noticed that several other Hotels in the area had similar policies.

The room surpassed my expectations for sure. Visually, it was immaculate. However, there was a slight musty odor, but this could have been a result of the unseasonably high humidity that day. A quick spray of deodorizer alleviated this issue. Our room had two beds, one full and one queen. Other features included two easy chairs, a table with chairs, a mini fridge, a microwave, beautiful hard wood furniture, a large, wall mounted flat screen TV, and modern, fully functional climate control. The bathroom was clean and spacious. It featured a large desk and mirror - very handy for getting ready for a night out. The toilet and shower were modern and spotless. I also appreciated the Jergens soaps that were gentle on my skin. The location of this Motel was just fantastic. We were no more than a five minute walk from the center of town and Ogunquit's fabulous night life. As for the price, I thought $89 (your rate may vary) was very reasonable for the location, the good quality of the room, and the fact that it was foliage season. We will definitely be staying at the Studio East Motel again and will recommend it to our friends and family. 4/5.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank crispysqu
Reviewed July 16, 2010

my husband and stayed at studio east motel july 12,13,14 2010 we liked the location, the room was nice and clean it was quiet and accessible to all near attrations...walking distance to beach.. i recommend this place.....

ELAINE