“A Fantastic Place to Stay”
Review of Studio East Motel

Studio East Motel
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed May 29, 2013

In the 20 or so years that I "come home to Ogunquit" I have looked and passed this quaint property thinking that I would try it sometime. Well, sometime arrived last fall when I was planning my return trip. My usual choices were more costly or not available, so I went to the Studio East Hotel web site. I stumbled across a few specials that I qualify for that are not an option at other properties. I made the reservation and in fairly high hopes made the trip.

The room was a pretty good size, located in the main house. The room was not small, not big... dare I say comfortibly cozy.. The furniture appeared to be fairly new, the bed very comfortible, and the kitchenette area was better stocked than some chain properties. The fridge and microwave were both a welcomed site and were greatly used during my stay. The decor was soft and appealing... not necessarily New England inspired, but to the tone that welcomed me and helped me relax and enjoy my stay. The only criticism that I would offer is that my bathroom was fairly small, with a shower stall (IM an non HWP guy) but this is by far not a deal killer for me. The room was SPOTESSLY clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. Plentiful parking and what... a 2 minute walk to the traffic center meant I walk everywhere I could possibly want to go, rain or shine.

I had a blissful 4 day stay here. I promise I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CAJazzBear

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had another nice stay the Studio East Motel in Ogunquit in one of their suites. The room was clean and convenient and spacious. It is hard to find a nice place in Ogunquit when you are travelling with your pups and this place fits the bill wonderfully. Reasonable rates and great service and rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Travelleranddog
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the way to Camden. We enjoyed it so much we returned 2 nights later. Rooms are extremely clean and unbelievable value for the area. Everything is very close. Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank terry1963
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The four of us stayed at Studio East for a pre-season Spring getaway. Two of us are canines, a Scotty and a Silky terrier, who were welcomed and pampered as we humans were, by a very friendly staff. Treats, dog towels, dog-walking accessories (!) ... We humans became a bit jealous ;-). Though there were several other dogs visiting, all was serence and quiet, since strict rules about behavior and noise exist for benefit of a pleasurable stay.
The rooms were immaculate, thoughtfully equipped and furnished for comfort and convenience. We walked to the beach to the beach, Perkins Cove, and nearly everything nearby one would want to see. It was easy and allowed for serendipittous meetings with local folk who were very friendly and offered insights outside of the guidebook and tourist literature. A fine stay in a fine town. Thank you Studio East. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank edward w
StudioEast, Owner at Studio East Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank for your kind words, we hope to be able to accommodate you again.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

All the great reviews are true. Clean, convenient, quiet, safe, comfortable, good value, well maintained, parking, etc. Father of current owners was manning the coffee in the lobby in the early morning and we had a good chat before lobby/office traffic got busy. Good to chat with a local.

Room Tip: Get to the office early for coffee and chat.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hospitality, the room was very good. We made good use of the refrigerator and microwave, plus we brought our own coffee machine and blender to supplement the coffee from the office, of which we usually ended up getting one extra cup per day, which i would get after i checked my email and Facebook on their computer. The location is great, we were in walking distance to downtown Ogunquit, the Marginal Way and Perkins Cove (see my reviews).
There are several close beach points, and we did actually sit on the beach one day of our four-day stay, we did walk profusely all of the other three days in spite of the weather, which was on the cloudy and rainy side during that period. The hot tub was disappointing, we tried it once, but it was not hot enough and the water jets were not vigorous enough.

Room Tip: People with pets are not allowed to stay on the second floor.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our first stay at Studio East.....have driven by this motel many times, since we do visit Ogunquit/Wells area a few times a year. We decided to take the plunge and try this motel. It was such an enjoyable experience. I noticed that many of the reviews on TRIPADVISOR were vry positive and I can see why. We stayed in the main bldg. and had a King size bed...VERY comfortable, it also had a large updated bathroom, a very tiny kitchenette, but not complaining, it was a treat to have this...dishes, pots, pans, toaster, coffee maker, even a hot plate for cooking (which we did not use), paper towels, dish detergent to wash the dishes. The room was spotless clean. The tv was an older tv, and my husband prefers a flat screen, but we did fine with this one. The only drawback was the two chairs...they were very uncomfortable, and old. But everything else was great. We only paid $59.00 a night, so that was a bargain for sure! Right in the heart of town. They do have other units in the motel section and we looked at them and they were more updated with flat screen tvs, so hoping to come again in a few weeks and would try to book one of those.

Room Tip: If you stay in the motel section, the rooms are more updates....all have a fridge and microwave, but...